Current time: 09-23-2017, 04:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The "Report" button
11-06-2012, 03:09 AM
The "Report" button
If you have a problem in a thread and you hit the “Report” button what does it do and what actually happens?

I have used it once and nothing happens at my end showing no apparent difference. So how does it know what you are reporting and why you are reporting?

I expected a box to come up asking what the problem is but nothing!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2012, 03:30 AM
RE: The "Report" button
help requests go in: 'help requests.'

moved. /mod

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  If you have a problem in a thread and you hit the “Report” button what does it do and what actually happens?

The Report button sends a message (notification) to all staff members that appears at the top of their screen, much like you might see a PM notification.

(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  I have used it once and nothing happens at my end showing no apparent difference. So how does it know what you are reporting and why you are reporting?

You must be doing it wrong.

(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  I expected a box to come up asking what the problem is but nothing!

If you have a JavaScript enabled browser then you should see this.

[Image: ssreportbutton.gif]

^If you've never filled out and sent the above form then you have never successfully filed a report.
11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
(11-06-2012 09:10 AM)Mark Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  If you have a problem in a thread and you hit the “Report” button what does it do and what actually happens?

The Report button sends a message (notification) to all staff members that appears at the top of their screen, much like you might see a PM notification.

(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  I have used it once and nothing happens at my end showing no apparent difference. So how does it know what you are reporting and why you are reporting?

You must be doing it wrong.

(11-06-2012 03:09 AM)snilloc Wrote:  I expected a box to come up asking what the problem is but nothing!

If you have a JavaScript enabled browser then you should see this.

[Image: ssreportbutton.gif]
^If you've never filled out and sent the above form then you have never successfully filed a report.

I now realise that the problem was at my end with my pop-up blocker stopping the box popping up! All sorted now Whistle

Thanks for the swift answer to my question Mark Smile
11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
(11-06-2012 09:26 AM)snilloc Wrote:  Thanks for the swift answer to my question Mark Smile

No problem man Smile

Wildcard is awesome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)