Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread.
maybe but that's not what came in my mind actually
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
(06-08-2014, 07:02 AM)srijantje Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 12:15 AM)lightbulb Wrote: I wish Italy do some surprising campaign this time

like what?doing a bit of attacking?

You sound just like the english. Big Grin
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
The Brits won't win the cup.
I bet the winning team will either be Spanish speaking (Argentina or Spain), or Portuguese speaking (Brazil).
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(06-08-2014, 08:12 AM)Spud17 Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 12:15 AM)lightbulb Wrote: I wish Italy do some surprising campaign this time

Italy is the only team in the world that could win the worldcup without winning a gameBig Grin
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(06-08-2014, 08:59 AM)srijantje Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 08:12 AM)Spud17 Wrote:

Italy is the only team in the world that could win the worldcup without winning a gameBig Grin

only if the Penalty shoot out doesn't count
Idea
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
I think each country has or at least had its own style of football. Italy I think was known for flair. Brazil was short passes and team-work. Germany, long-passes and power. I vaguely recall South-Korea (?) was hyper aggressive in one match against Argentina, blocking off Maradona. Wonder at what point in time, the game started becoming like the rugby that it is today. ;-)
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
It's funny, the USA doesn't consider futball or (soccer) as big of a sport as other countries do...While the popularity is growing, things like american basketball, baseball & football are what's watched over here mostly. It really got a spark when what's his name came on our team...(husband of one of the spice girls)... I think once we become a threat to the title will people start watching more.
my worldcup will kick off with Holland - Spain and then England - Italy
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
damn...

it has only just started and it's already a fucking fraud...

neymar hits a croatian player in the face and the ref fails to show him the red card.
a few minutes later he scores a goal.

then fred falls to the ground all by himself and the ref offers brazil a penalty.
another goal.

then ramires commits a foul over a croatian player and the ref doesn't blow the whistle.
oscar takes the ball and scores a goal.

disgusting.
International soccer may be a crocked sport, but at least it isn't as bad as the wrestling matches on TV.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 thread. radiobox 33 13,735 03-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Last Post: radiobox
  World Kidney Awareness Day radiobox 1 1,757 03-12-2015, 10:41 PM
  The Commonwealth Games thread. Spud17 1 2,056 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM