Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Technology And Education
Technology is evolving day by day. It has even changed the formal education. Now the students can take advantage any time form the computer any time when they need as they can carry hand help PCs (tablets) with them not only that the burden books of books has been reduced very much.
You are right-- there are many advantages to an education complimented by the resources available on the World Wide Web.

What I want to know is with all that knowledge freely available can I not get correct change from the high school graduates working at my local McDonald's . . .
yes... i can't wait for more forms high tech cheating to make the news... and the amount of money parents are going to have to fork out for more electronics... and i surely can't wait for the copyright trolls to get in on the action too.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
no,but really,those kindles are handy things,away with all those paper books i say
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I like paper books.

There is something very esthetically pleasing about turning a page without needing batteries and a billion transistors to do so.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
^ I felt the same way about real books...until I finally bought an iPad.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
I'm with velvetfog on books. I've a collection of folio books and there's something special about the smell of the ink, the feel of the paper, the indented marks on the pages. Some of them are very old, and owning a first edition of a favourite book adds to the character. I don't want to have to rely on electricity or batteries to read a book, that's just wrong. Many schools in South Korea have done away with books altogether, which means pupils develop computer skills at an early age, but sadly don't get to experience the beauty and wholeness of a book, which is just as well seeing as most kids have the attention span of a gnat anyway: 'tl;dr.' Derpaderp.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
that's all sentiment in the end,all that really matters is what's written down
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I like real books as well. If I drop one it doesn't cost me $100 to get a new one. Also think about all those poor people working in the bookmark industry. They are losing their jobs!
But the modern technology that gave us the Internet has provided some things that books can not give me.
I now consider Google and Wikipedia to be indispensable tools.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technology. Then and now LZA 75 31,562 07-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Last Post: System Folder