• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tech Discussion: technical retards
    the following is an actual posting from a different forum. the names and sites have been removed because this person might not just be a retard... but an obstinate retard.

p.s., fx = firefox
    p.p.s., ctr = no fucking clue what ctr is

(12-01-2012, 12:00 AM)n00btard Wrote:  Hi,

Ok, so for about a month now every time I click on a link or even try to type in the name of the show in the search field, the browser freaks out & starts popping up tons of pops up. I assume they are coming from all the new banners on the site.

I'm NOT clicking on these banners, I'm clicking on the links to the show or as I mentioned, typing in the field. The only way to get it to work is to X out of the popups & then it works fine although in the last day or two I've had to do that twie to get it to stop throwing garbage windows at me.

I don't know if this site is doing that on purpose so the CTR appears higher to these companies or something is wrong with my computer Sad

I guess I should try it on Chrome, but I'm used to having all my pages in a certain way in Fx & yes it's the latest version of Fx.

Ok, tested it in Chrome & it's not doing that. So that tells me it's a Fx issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

(12-01-2012, 12:05 AM)GOD Wrote:  fx? you mean firefox? if so, install an adblocker and you are good to go.

(12-01-2012, 02:49 PM)n00btard Wrote:  Ok, I don't want to have to do that. I shouldn't have to do that just for one site.

That's not the issue, the issue is, why are these ads popping up every time I click on a [deleted] link or type something in the field?

Why does it only happen on Fx, & not on Chrome.

Yes, the short form for Firefox is Fx.

so, what we see here is that the op does not like the solution that was provided. the only thing that can now possibly be suggested is: 'POST-ITS OR GTFO.' a response like this this might seem overly harsh and maybe even unnecessary but this is actually a larger issue that is manifesting itself as a tech issue.

the issue is that people are fucking dumb... absolute fucking retards... non tech examples:

"i have a ged, i shouldn't have to be subjected to working bullshit jobs when i am just as qualified as anyone with a four year college degree with additional degrees and certifications regardless of the fact that i read at an eight grade level."

"i'm a million years old... if you want me to push 'any key,' why not put a label on the any key?"

"you should respect as a person despite the fact that i am 400 lbs. over the suggested weight limit and sitting next to you on a plane."

"my mommy said i was special."

i'm fucking sick and tired of this nonsense.

great, you were able to afford a computer and despite decades of generational and regressive breading, you were able to turn the fucking thing on, you expect the very nature of the environment around you to just conform to your fucking wishes?

books like,'how to use a computer for idiots, morons, regards and cretins' are written and marketed for a fucking reason. so fine, you asked an idiotic question... everyone does, but how about next time you get an answer and you decided that it shouldn't apply to you because you are fucking special, you just beat us all to the punch and GTFO.

these are the same fucking social scum bags that are trying to tell you what to fucking think like:

'don't call people retards.'
    'don't hurt people's feelings.'
    'no swearing.'
    'don't listen to rap because it's not a christian thing to do.'
    'don't call people gay.'
    'guns are bad.'
    'obama is not an american citizen.'
    'dinosaurs don't exist. god hid bones on the planet seven thousand years ago just to test our fate.'

FUCKING RETARD GAY DINOSAUR DOUBTING FAGGOT REATARD ASSHOLE GOD FUCKERS! DIE DIE DIE DIE! FUCK! SHIT PISS PEANUT BUTTER GOAT FUCKERS!

it's time to turn off your computer and just go fucking kill yourselves because hopefully the government agencies that ensure your continued existence by providing you with little to no cost social services get canceled and the human race can ditch your fucking dead weight... or at least put you on an island somewhere so that your genes can't infect the rest of the population.

OH, AND 'P' FUCKING 'S', YOU DIRTBAG... FX IS NOT THE SHORT FORM OF FIREFOX!

fucking non-googling troglodytes.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Quote:Yes, the short form for Firefox is Fx.

WTF

'For whom?', I would love to ask.

Wildcard is awesome.
    Fx= frog xrays. Fuck xrays. free xylophone. free xerox.

Idk Im trying to figure that one out. LMAO

And Ctr. wtf??? Big Grin

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
    (12-01-2012, 08:30 PM)Bunny Wrote:  And Ctr. wtf??? Big Grin

I'm wondering if he meant CRT (Cathode-Ray Tube) another term for the old-style computer monitors.

Wildcard is awesome.
    Im a terchincal retard :o
    Certified
    Total
    Retard

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Cream the rack. Hysterical
    (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 03:01 AM by Bunny.)

Wait Idk about Crt but Ive heard of CTR which means click-through rate. ???? That actually makes sense i think.

Could be the Ctrl with the l worn out Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by lightbulb
    04-17-2014, 01:06 AM