• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

TV: tv shows you've recently watched
    I have discovered a fantastic new British drama/horror/suspense/action series called Black Mirror. There are only about six epis so far. Actually, there are six epis. But there are also thee epis that appear to be much longer and I have no idea where they fit in. I will try to post their names a little later.

I have just started to watch the first episode and so far it was absolutely hilarious. The British PM is portrayed as having no freaking clue about the Internet. I thought that was amazingly funny.

I think many of you will like this - especially Spudgun.

Here is what some people have had to say about it. If you want to see the Spoilers, you have to go to the original site. Here it is:

SURVIVORSUCKS.YUKU.COM
    Black Mirror - Jet Black UK Satire
    This is a three episode show, with each episode containing a...

This is a three episode show, with each episode containing a self-contained story. The first episode just aired in the UK and it was chock full of tension, suspense, growing apprehension and dread, while also containing a scathing jet black satire on society and the media and politics, with events unfolding like in an episode of 24.

Rory Kinnear stars as the British Prime Minister, Michael Callow, who’s awoken early one morning by his advisors with some disturbing news: Princess Susannah has been taken hostage.

An emergency meeting is called, and the ransom video is played; if the princess is to be released unharmed, the PM will have to do something far too shocking and bizarre to risk spoiling here.

I'll risk spoiling it since people have to watch this.

Spoiler [+]

The demand is met with amusement by the PM who thinks it is a joke but his advisers all assure him that it is not. It is very real.

Rory Kinnear was particularly compelling as the PM, going from disbelief to dutiful self-sacrifice as the grim situation unfolded. “What now? What’s the playbook?” he asked in panic. His advisor replied: “This is virgin territory, Prime Minister. There is no playbook.”

And what follows is a blow by blow account of how the situation is dealt with, all while the media follows it, with public reaction swinging one way and then another way as events unfold. All told with complete and dead-faced seriousness. Just imagine that episode of 24 where Jack Bauer is told to execute Ryan Chappelle except it's a different demand.

I cannot even begin to imagine what the next two episodes are going to be like and how they are going to unfold.

Second episode description from Channel 4.

The second episode is a satire on entertainment shows and our insatiable thirst for distraction set in a sarcastic version of a future reality.

In this world, everyone is confined to a life of strange physical drudgery.

The only way to escape this life is to enter the 'Hot Shot' talent show and pray you can impress the judges.

God only know what that is going to involve.

patrickofthewhite wrote: It was REALLY good but also REALLY fucking disturbing.

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Oh man... The third episode was just sad and depressing and heartbreaking. It was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion and then rewinding to watch it happen all over again. And again. And again. Just to see and hear the sickening crunch of a terrible situation over and over again.

It was amazing how well the show captured the tiny details and behaviors of people in a relationship and then magnified them through the course of the "redos", with the technology also magnifying obsessive behaviors to the point of complete breakdown. And it was quite amazing how well they depicted the protagonist feeling "off" about something, then building the obsessiveness and paranoia to the point where you think he has just over the deep end, and then the show pulls you right back from the brink and it turns out he was right after all and it ends with a tragic thud of the end of the relationship, just because he could not leave it alone. Ignorance really is bliss when it comes to the complexities of the human relationship sometimes.

Just finished the 2nd episode of season 1... What a great show. It's like Ray Bradbury of steroids.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM by AliShibaz.)
    I have just finished the first series of game of thrones which is excellent and a must watch in my opinion.Big Grin

Excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures. Incest, rape and debauchery. Lots of fighting, full frontal nudity and sexual content.

Game of Thrones (2011– )
    TV Series - 60 min - Adventure | Drama | Fantasy

IMDb 9.4 Big Grin YayYayYayYayYayYayYayYayYay

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Game of Thrones (TV Series 2011– )
    Created by David Benioff, D.B. Weiss. With Emilia Clarke, Peter...

[Image: game-of-thrones-poster_zps5c4668b5.jpg]

Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue is pervasive. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard, Lord Stark, to serve as Hand of the King, or highest official. Secretly warned that the previous Hand was assassinated, Eddard accepts in order to investigate further. Meanwhile the Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching a plot to take power. Across the sea, the last members of the previous and deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also scheming to regain the throne. The friction between the houses Stark, Lannister and Baratheon, and with the remaining great houses Greyjoy, Tully, Arryn, and Tyrell, leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war and political confusion, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond
    (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 01:53 AM by snilloc.)
    Nice post, Snilloc.

So, you liked Season One?

Just wait. Season Two is about twice as great as was S1. Pretty hard to imagine since S1 was so terrific.

And guess what?

S3 begins tonight. By all reports it is supposedly even better than S2.

This is a GoT junkies time of wonder.

The word "fourteen" above is a total mystery. When I edit this post, it says "a" and not "fourteen". I have no idea where "fourteen" came from.

Also, I typed "T h e word ..." above and not "cowabunga". I have no idea where the word "cowabunga" came from. What is going on?

For some reason, when I type t h e word "t h e", it gets replaced with "cowabunga". I have no clue what is going on or why.
    (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 10:36 AM by AliShibaz.)
    WWW.IMDB.COM
    Raising Hope (TV Series 2010–2014)
    Created by Gregory Thomas Garcia. With Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton,...

Raising Hope(2010)

A friend suggested this series to me.
    I started it tonight. The first few minutes I thought ... "this is stupid, with poor acting and was about to turn it off when my hubby said, "lets give it a bit longer".
    Glad I did ... it's hilarious! I watched the first four episodes, and would have kept going had it not gotten too late.
    Yay

You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
    [Image: gameofthronesposterh.jpg]

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Game of Thrones (TV Series 2011– )
    Created by David Benioff, D.B. Weiss. With Emilia Clarke, Peter...
    Adventure / Drama / Fantacy

IMDb: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.

I had heard about this show for a little more than a year but the era, brutality, and subject matter didn't interest me in the least. I finally decided to give it a go after continual nudging from friends. So glad I gave in.
    I just started the 1st season and watched up to episode 3.
    Both my hubby and I are blown away with the cinematography ... it's absolutely stunning.
    The story-line so far deserves the label of brilliant.
    Excellent acting all around.
    I can already tell this is going to be one of our favorites.
    Well worth the watch Yay

You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
    Duck Dynasty

[Image: JQ5Nkxp.jpg]

Series introduces the Robertsons, a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle. Ask anyone in Louisiana and they'll tell you that the bayou state's favorite first family doesn't live in the governor's mansion but in the backwoods, where the Robertsons' rags-to-riches story is still unfolding. A homegrown mom-and-pop operation, Duck Commander has become a sporting empire by fabricating top-of-the-line duck calls and decoys out of salvaged swamp wood. This newly minted multimillionaire family is kept in line by business-savvy Willie, who runs Duck Commander with the help of his brother Jase, their respective wives Korie and Missy, patriarch and founder of the company, Phil, and uncle Si. Together they run a booming business that employs half their neighborhood, but at the end of the day, you can find the whole family around matriarch Miss Kay's dinner table.

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Duck Dynasty (TV Series 2012– )
    With Jase Robertson, Si Robertson, Willie Robertson, Korie Robertson....

i just found this show a few days ago.....a family of louisiana rednecks running a multi-million dollar company....ive watched the first series and about to watch the second....its the best reality show on tv right now.....interesting and funny...you have never.....and i mean never.... seen a company run this way before....theres even a crazy old vietnam veteran....superb viewing 9/10

[Image: Ye6Hivu.jpg]

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
    I recently saw an article listing the top 50 TV shows that were cancelled too soon.

One of them was Southland. It's a show about cops in LA.

I started watching it and it is pretty good. It was produced by the same people who produced Third Watch. So, I guess that is a pretty good legacy.
    [Image: MV5BMTUzNTU1NzQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDUz...4,317_.jpg]

I have been watching the new Sci-Fi series Continuum.
    Read more about it here:
    EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
    Continuum (TV series) - Wikipedia
    no description

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    For those of you who have never watched the Big Brother TV show, the US version this season has an exceptionally great cast and it has been extremely interesting to watch.

I sure would like to recommend it to all of you as some really good entertainment. It is rather difficult to explain exactly why this cast is so entertaining. But I will try by saying it contains a great mix of characters. Some are very physically attractive while others are very intellectually advanced. I think there is something there for anyone here to enjoy. Still, others are physically unattractive and others are in fairly poor physical condition.

This season (Season 15) began broadcasting one week ago (Wed June 26, 2013) and there have only been 4 episodes so far. There are three episodes broadcast each week.

Note that this is a reality show where 16 people (mostly in their 20's) live in a house and every week they vote to evict one of them.

If you like the show, you can also subscribe to the "live feeds" which enables you to monitor the "goings on" in the house 24 hours per day.

Here is the weekly schedule of events in the house:
    Wed: Live Show Eviction and Head of Household Competition
    Thur: Have-Not and Nominations
    Fri: MVP Announcement & POV Competition
    Sun: POV Ceremony
    Mon: Campaigning, Down Day
    Tue: Campaigning, HOH Pics and Blog

The show is broadcast three times per week. Here is the broadcast schedule:

Wed: Live Show Eviction and Head of Household Competition
    Sun: Nominations Ceremony
    Tue: Campaigning, HOH Pics and Blog

I hope that if you decide to give it a try, you will enjoy it. It has always been designed to be some lightweight summer entertainment.
    (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 11:54 PM by AliShibaz.)
    I recently watched American Horror Story: Coven which was the 3rd season. The setting is different in each season, with the best one being s2 AHS: Asylum.

[Image: b0NppnW.jpg]
    witches... doing witchy stuff

The problem with this season is that it sucked balls from having too many cooks. It's got everything - witches, magic, immortality, powers, spells, voodoo and even zombies, and that's the problem: it's just too much. Season 2, set in an insane aslyum, was dark and thought-provoking, but Coven is just all costume and theatrics. The reason I sat through to the end was the cast list, but ultimately it failed to entertain. I'd recommend the first two seasons, but not this, it's an insomnia cure.

[Image: Y5acRi4.jpg]
    ooh blood

[Image: ypvzbzd.jpg]
    they tried and failed to conjure a plot

^^witch on the far left was particularly annoying. She was a mad Stevie Nicks fan so you hear a fair bit of her awful whiny nasally singing voice throughout the season, and even makes an appearance at the end to sing more bollocks.

[Image: GPPJpIa.jpg]
    gimme sum dat juju mojo voodoo jumbo

[Image: T1SjPhy.jpg]
    non-witch on the right is the creepiest character on the show

[Image: nOfk00M.jpg]
    Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange.... great cast, shitty writing and everything else.

Torrents:

^^please note that there are only 13 episodes in this season, despite some mongvomit uploading 'ep 14.'

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
    American Horror Story: Coven - Wikipedia
    no description

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by LZA
    11-28-2018, 07:13 AM
    Last Post by politux
    11-22-2018, 09:26 AM
    Last Post by LZA
    06-05-2013, 08:49 PM