Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

TPB under DDOS Attack.
TPB official Facebook page
We're under a quite big ddos attack. We don't know who's behind it but we have our suspicions...
Once we've awaken our tech guru Winston Q we'll get on the issue.

Sum Sauce.

Quote: File-sharing website The Pirate Bay has dubbed distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks by the Anonymous collective on telcos ordered to blacklist the site as censorship.

The Pirate Bay responded on its Facebook group to the DDoS attacks and said it did not encourage the actions and believed "in the open and free internet, where anyone can express their views. Even if we strongly disagree with them and even if they hate us".

“So don't fight them using their ugly methods. DDoS and blocks are both forms of censorship. If you want to help, start a tracker, arrange a manifestation, join or start a pirate party, teach your friends the art of Bittorrent, set up a proxy, write [to] your political representatives, develop a new p2p protocol, print some pro-piracy posters… support our promo bay artists or just be a nice person and give your mum a call to tell her you love her,” it said.

Probable Reason Why.
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
(05-16-2012, 10:34 AM)CerberusStyle Wrote: It was not a ddos at all, it was routing issue thats all.

Red is for staff only/admin
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
CerberusStyle is the only one in the world who's saying that...his view is worthless....he knows no more than anyone else ...every other report says ddos attack
I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
so its one to one. the blog says ddos, cerby says routing issue... nobo continues anti-anoning. Undecided

i really doubt its anon since their irc channels are lulz'n about something else at the moment. its probably just some coked up russian.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
HystericalHystericalHysterical

some coked up russian
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I'm pretty sure it was a routing issue. While it was happening, I did a trace and found that I lost packets long before getting to TPB's server.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
tpb seems to be confirming it was a ddos now with the phoenix logo that directs to their facebook page which reads "took a ddos in the knee"
That was yesterday today is today look forward with hope in your harts
I still can't access TPB directly. Can you guys?
Yep And you know i can Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flame: Massive cyber-attack discovered, researchers say 2010kaiser 0 780 05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Last Post: 2010kaiser