Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should internet trolls be allowed to invade people privacy?
This poll is closed.
Agree for picture pop up 25.00% 1 25.00%
Disagree for picture pop up 75.00% 3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEXTING AND SEXTING
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
TEXTING AND SEXTING
I am so f#$%ing pissed I could spit. I met an internet troll eight months ago. I allow myself to be chatted off while this jerk had no intentions of meeting me. I hate myself for getting played. I think someone should invent a button where anyone who says hello to you online an instant picture should pop up and say hello may I help you. People should have a visual of these f#$%ing trolls. F@#$ Yea!

Well I am glad to get that off my chest, f@#$ yea.

How many people agree we should have picture pop up on internet trolls?
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: TEXTING AND SEXTING
I disagreed but not because I am against such an idea. Mostly I voted the way I did because I don't think you know what an Internet Troll really is. In fact, I will velvetfog you with a link to start you off: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

What you are describing sounds more like a player: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=player

But still getting it off your chest is fun-- oh and you can just type 'fuck'. No need for the w31Rd characters unless you just want to.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user + Spud17
04-16-2014, 05:38 AM
How would you know the popup picture was genuine?

[Image: DSC01710.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2014, 11:32 AM
(04-15-2014 07:15 PM)ihateinternettrolls Wrote:  I think someone should invent a button where anyone who says hello to you online an instant picture should pop up and say hello may I help you.

Eh? For a start, you won't get many people saying hello. If someone wanted to say hai to you on irc for example, and you insisted on seeing what they look like, they're going to think you're a raving loonie, seriously. You clearly and understandably have trust issues, but to assume every person you meet is a potential asshat is counterproductive to communication and you'll find yourself so well guarded that you end up alone.

snilloc raises a very good point - the person who shares their photo with you may well have picked it out from the squillions of random images of people from google images, and seeing as the internet doesn't have lie detecting qualities, would you believe it was them just because they were able to show you a pic, any pic?

(04-15-2014 07:15 PM)ihateinternettrolls Wrote:  People should have a visual of these f#$%ing trolls. F@#$ Yea!

Wildcard is right, in that you don't seem to comprehend what trolling is, and seeing as there's no global database of photographs of trolls, how do you propose everyone 'gets a visual'? Also, do you want to include real-life trolls while you're at it?

(04-15-2014 07:15 PM)ihateinternettrolls Wrote:  How many people agree we should have picture pop up on internet trolls?

The silence is deafening because it's a stupid idea. It's not even an idea, more wishful thinking on your behalf than anything. The experience that life gives you will help you to trust again, but be realistic and careful about your expectations of others, because even if a person were to share their photo with you, who's to say they're not going to turn out to be a complete twat anyway?

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
04-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Well you know your westerns
04-16-2014, 02:21 PM
(04-15-2014 07:15 PM)ihateinternettrolls Wrote:  People should have a visual of these f#$%ing trolls. F@#$ Yea!

If you want to talk to someone and see what they look like, they have this thing called skype. If they refuse to skype with you, then don't talk to them anymore if you don't want to.

that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
04-16-2014, 09:14 PM
I agree with the consensus. How do you know the pic they put up is even real. This will always be a danger of internet communication/hookups/etc. always that room for lying. Unless you know for certain the person is being real (and how could you really) you always have to be on guard. Did you ever watch a show on MTV called catfish?

Hold on, lemme look for a link...:MTV - Catfish

These people fall head over heels for others BS lies... When they meet them it's heartbreaking.

You just need to take better care of yourself and be careful.
04-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Skinny's idea is a good one to follow up on,skype them

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-16-2014, 10:04 PM
I've never used Skype. I have an account, which I never use, and I uninstalled Skype from my computer.. So I can't give any advice.... I guess Skype allows you to use camera technology to see faces? My computer doesn't have a camera, so I just posted a batman pic as my avatar....

Like I said, I agree with the consensus... If they don't wanna Skype and show you their real self, you know somethings up...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)