Current time: 07-27-2017, 09:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successful Work-Around in uTorrent.
04-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Successful Work-Around in uTorrent.
Hi all,

Just saw this post on SB and thought it was worth a mention here.
All credit for the work-around goes to ThAnn. The OP.

Quote:I just got BANNED from the utorrent forums for presenting a workaround for a problem in uTorrent. It only works because uTorrent is broken as shit.

SOLUTION:

Click the magnet link and when the file preview comes up blank make sure that "Start Download" is CHECKED

Hit "OK" to start the download and as soon as you see the torrent pop up on the list of torrents right click it and select "Force Start".

It will download the .torrent file, display the list of files under the "Files" tab, and then AUTOMATICALLY STOP THE TORRENT

At that point you can select the files tab and choose from there, before the torrent is started.

----

This only works I assume because uTorrent is broken, and hence the reason they banned me.

^^^ This is an example of how to do it WRONG. As you can see, the files start downloading BEFORE he got the chance to deselect anything. Force Start is the difference for me, and hopefully for you too.

SOURCE

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why does the "Edit" function work differently the first time you use it? AliShibaz 2 932 10-31-2012 03:59 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  Need .wmv To .AVI Easy To Use Coverter To try and work out a bug in PS CS6? 2010kaiser 3 1,294 05-28-2012 10:11 PM
Last Post: sporkium
  ~uTorrent, free or paid version? RuralWatcher 11 6,996 05-25-2012 07:34 AM
Last Post: RuralWatcher

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)