Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Speeding train kills elephants in India
Elephants are one of this world's greatest animals. I'm sure I don't need to explain why. So, it's pretty sad to see some of them being killed.

What's even worse is this news story showing pictures of a dead elephant that was struck by a train. I don't understand. Why would they feel it necessary to show pictures of a dead adult elephant that has been mangled and killed by a train?

There have been many trains in India for a long time now. It's hard to believe they haven't figured out a way to keep the elephants and trains separate so that the elephants could not be struck by the trains.

Would it really be that difficult to put up fences or other barriers to keep the elephants off the tracks? Or do they just not care?

Could it be they figure the expense of a fence is not worth a few dead elephants?

***WARNING***

The pictures in this news story are extremely graphic. If you are an animal lover, you may want to skip looking at these pictures.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...india?lite

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hug triggers officer's gun, kills woman. Lawliet 15 3,955 04-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Police Swat Team shoots and kills a 107 year old man AliShibaz 22 4,975 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Last Post: LZA
  Another 6 year old girl raped in India. Lawliet 0 770 08-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Lawliet