Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Something has gone wrong with my trying to D/L Boardwalk Empire from tpb
Whenever a popular TV show has just finished being broadcast, it usually take a half hour or so before someone uploads a torrent file.

However, for some reason, some people upload a file that looks like the correct torrent but it's not. It directs you to go to some website and get a password. There are usually about 12 of these that get uploaded very soon after a TV show finishes being broadcast. I've never been able to get the proper show and have even gotten some malware when doing this. So, I figure this is someone's attempt to screw with us.

But, today ... Sunday Oct 28, 2012, it is now 10:25 and I have been trying to find Boardwalk Empire S03E07 for a while now with no luck.

Would anyone here know what is going on? Is this an attempt to hijack people's PCs? The shows that usually do this are Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire and a few others. Would anyone know some way to defeat what ever is going on?
it's usually a scam, bad torrent or virus... those torrents usually get taken down when the mods spot them... with tv shows, i've found that it's usually best to ONLY download those from green or pink skulls... or make sure that they have been posted for at least 24 hours.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Green or Pink skulls?

Oh. You mean the icons on the TPB website? I've never understood what they meant.
right... you see the icons next to the users name

pink = trusted
green = vip
blue = helper
mod = moderator
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Spork is right and with TV torrents (new releases) being first in line to download new torrents isn't very smart. Leave that for TPB Helpers with a sandbox and testing experience . . . oh yeah and for n00bs who don't know better :p
Wildcard is awesome.
Thanks very much to Mark and Spork.

I finally got a good version about 15 min later.

BTW ... I have never gone to one of those sites to get a pw. I always knew that was dangerous.
* sporkium says case closed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help my head is wrong size kramer 10 2,336 07-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Last Post: kramer