Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[Solved] using the "@" feature
Edit: Cool feature that "@[name]" changes color by the way Big Grin

Is that the way to "mention people in a post"?

One time I got an alert like that but I'm still not sure how to do it :/
(04-15-2013, 11:00 AM)Roichlem Wrote: @kath3: you can use this link I think http://www.rantcentralforums.com/search....ds&uid=628

That's true Yay

(04-15-2013, 11:00 AM)Roichlem Wrote: Edit: Cool feature that "@[name]" changes color by the way Big Grin

Thanks. I wrote that plugin just for our forum but now several other (over 20) forums use it as well. It uses Euan T.'s MyAlerts to send the alerts and is built upon ideas freely distributed by SuperNovaAO.

(04-15-2013, 11:00 AM)Roichlem Wrote: Is that the way to "mention people in a post"?

Like this:

Code:
@Roichlem
or
Code:
@"Roichlem"

if the name has spaces in it like @News Puppet then you have to use the double quotes, otherwise just use the simple version.

(04-15-2013, 11:00 AM)Roichlem Wrote: One time I got an alert like that but I'm still not sure how to do it :/

Technically, you should receive an alert for my quoting your post and an alert for this mention:

@Roichlem
yes, @Roichlem, placing an '@' sign in front of the users name will get allow the forum to notify the user that they are being talked about.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Sorry about the thread hijack Tongue

I was distracted by the sexy, sexy feature.

Thanks for clearing it up @Wildcard @sporkium Big Grin
No problems.
[Image: solved.gif]