Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[Solved] Updated the drivers and now just a black screen.
Windows goes to start and all is well then the screen goes black, the cursor works just fine but I can’t do anything apart from move the cursor around the screen.

I have tried starting in “Safe Mode” with exactly the same results.

I can keep hitting the “Delete” and get into the bios with no problems but that’s all I can do.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Put the Windows Disc in = nothing.

Any ideas?
Press the F8 key on startup. and then try this:

How To Start Windows 7 Using Last Known Good Configuration
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(09-06-2013, 12:07 PM)velvetfog Wrote: Press the F8 key on startup. and then try this:

How To Start Windows 7 Using Last Known Good Configuration

BIG Thank you vf Hats Off

It worked a treat any clue as to why it happened ?
I suspect you downloaded and installed an incompatible driver.
Probably a video driver.
The video driver in Windows runs as part of the kernel, in order to make it fast, so if it is buggy, it screws up everything.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(09-06-2013, 04:43 PM)velvetfog Wrote: I suspect you downloaded and installed an incompatible driver.
Probably a video driver.
The video driver in Windows runs as part of the kernel, in order to make it fast, so if it is buggy, it screws up everything.

Thanks for the help I just went onto ATI Radeon site and downloaded a new set of drivers all working 100% Yay
moved to help requests. /mod
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Sorry about asking for help in the wrong place it will not happen again.
[Image: solved.gif]
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.