• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Closed
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Solved: Quick Edit - "Loading Please Wait"
    I have been observing this behaviour in the last 3 days or so on RC.

When I 'Quick Edit' a post and click 'Save Changes', the small squarish pop-up which reads "Loading Please wait" (LPW) shows up, but doesn't go away. The post is updated however; it is just that the 'LPW' window does not close.

Using IE 11 on Win 7.

Could by my browser. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

Thank you.

Edit: Just remembered. There was a 'Windows Update' recently. Maybe that is a possible factor.
    Edit2: Just observed, the above Quick Edit, worked normally (LPW disappeared as it should).
    (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015, 11:03 PM by radiobox.)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    I haven't had any problems with Quick Edit lately but when I get home I'll test with IE (although I would recommend that you swap over to Firefox IMMEDIATELY :p )
    I guess I will someday. Each year I tell myself to switch, but never do.
    Been using IE since IE 3, hence probably the "attachment".
    I too will keep monitoring LPW behaviour.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    i've encountered the same issue with quick edit before... mostly it was caused on my end by low bandwidth.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Yeah, that is a question I meant to ask. @radiobox, how is your Internet speed?
    Quite good.
    Speedtest.net results:
    Ping - 0ms
    DL - 62 Mbps
    UL - 82 Mbps

Has been reliable so far. Fiber.
    Just tried it on last poster wins. Found no problems.
    Will see how it works when I have a torrent running. Will write back.

Edit: I must add, I never use the full bandwidth. 10 Mbps is the max I have gone.
    (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 11:10 PM by radiobox.)

Just for record. It happened when editing this post
    http://www.rantcentralforums.com/Thread-Random-video-thread?pid=116496#pid116496
    Net Speed was good, my PC had no other programs running. Only SB and RC were open in two IE tabs.
    Norton AV was quiet.

I got a chance to get my development environment up last night but still haven't been able to reproduce the error there or on the live site either. I'll try with the specific thread you've posted when I get home today.
    my advice is to switch over to either Chrome or Firefox, since IE refuses to support the latest webstandards, which pretty much nearly all websites use nowadays.
    You heard it from the 2 posters above whom I consider computer gods. I can't tell you how much happier I was once I switched to Firefox. It's so much more user friendly, plus it has add-ons you can download to customize it to make it your own!!! I have a add on that allows me to save all my passwords for internet sites, so all I do is go to the website and it logs me in automatically. another add-on (adblock plus) is a godsend if your tired of adds on websites. I've donated to them since I think they do such a great job..

Please Radio, as a friend, do me a favor and research it at least... I'm not asking you to change, but I think you'll be impressed. I was heartbroken when I left IE but Firefox is so much better.

Chris
    (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015, 12:57 PM by LZA.)

Thread Closed

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    04-26-2013, 08:28 AM
    Last Post by Bunny
    03-13-2013, 10:33 PM
    Last Post by srijantje
    11-23-2012, 02:30 AM