Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[Solved] PC hangs for no reason can you help please.
OK Different PC with a different problem.

This one hangs all the time if it’s doing more than one thing and can’t even play a YouTube clip without hanging (picture freezes and makes a funny noise) This also happens when watching a movie as is there is no memory. Connected to main family TV.

2 years old with Windows 7 sp1 64-bit

Intel ® Pentium CPU G840 @ 2.80GHz

RAM 8 Gig DDR3

Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6570 1 Gig memory.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hmmm....

It could be a memory problem.
Try taking out the memory SIMMs and then re-seating them in their sockets.
(Make sure you remove all power to the machine before doing so. Pull the power cord, and if it is a laptop you must also remove the battery pack.)

I have a dual core CPU machine with 4 GB RAM and the exact same AMD Radeon HD 6570 video card with 1 Gig memory installed in it.
A friend of mine also has a machine just like that. Both our machines can play videos just fine.

It could also be a problem caused by playing videos without having the proper codecs installed.
If you haven't already done so, download and install the latest K-Lite Mega codec pack. --> http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
moved to help requests. /mod
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Thanks again vf updating the codec's has done the trick.

I wonder how often do you think that updating the codec's is necessary or advisable?
I typically update the codecs once a year or so.
Microsoft Windows (any version) does not come with a full complement of codecs.
So if you have a fresh Windows machine, you need to add a third party codec package to it in order to get it to properly play all the different video formats available via the Internet.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(09-07-2013, 04:08 PM)velvetfog Wrote: I typically update the codecs once a year or so.
Microsoft Windows (any version) does not come with a full complement of codecs.
So if you have a fresh Windows machine, you need to add a third party codec package to it in order to get it to properly play all the different video formats available via the Internet.

Yes I see what you mean for years I have had machines that I reformatted and reinstalled and for one reason or another they would be re done every 12 months or so I hadn't realised then when I bought the two PC's that you have recently helped on that stuff like codec would need upgrading. I have all the updates from Microsoft set on automatic. M'board and graphics card are on scheduled updates from the manufacturers I just hadnt thought of the codec's.

Thanks once again very much vf you are a good egg. Hats Off

(09-07-2013, 11:24 AM)sporkium Wrote: moved to help requests. /mod

Sorry about asking for help in the wrong place it will not happen again.
[Image: solved.gif]
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.