Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Is there a simple fix or way around Torrent links on RC?
08-14-2013, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 03:01 AM by snilloc.)
Is there a simple fix or way around Torrent links on RC?
I see that quite a few members upload there torrents but when I click on the link (I’m UK) Torrents I get shoved to. Is there a way to see the torrents?

[Image: screen1234_zps709ce571.png]
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 03:09 AM by velvetfog.)
RE: Is there a simple fix or way around Torrent links on RC?
Go to your user profile page: --> http://www.rantcentralforums.com/usercp....on=profile
Scroll down.
In the bottom left hand corner, access the drop down list below:
Preferred Pirate Bay URL:
The URL you prefer to use to connect to the Pirate Bay

Then select a proxy URL on the list that works for you.
Then click the Update Profile button to save your setting.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 04:48 AM by snilloc.)
This is not in the list pirateproxy.net
08-14-2013, 06:32 AM
@snilloc - Why not circumvent our government's oppressive censorship altogether by finding and registering with a Proxy Server IP?

This handy PirateWiki tut will take you through each of the steps so that you no longer have to use a proxy to access the pirate bay.

https://forum.suprbay.org/wiki/index.php...m_Anywhere

It took me a couple of times to get it right, but now I can access tpb and kat directly, and leave 'thank-you' comments on torrents I've downloaded with no fuss.

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
08-14-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 09:16 AM by 2010kaiser.)
snilloc, you can use piratebrowser to circumvent any blocks your ISP is putting on you r.e. TPB, KAT etc. Just download it and follow the instructions contained in the torrent. I won't give you a link to download from TPB as that would be pointless. Just paste the magnet link below into your browser and hit enter and it'll download:

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d7557c44dc26ce93c556daccad521783c79178c8&dn=PirateBrowser+0.5+beta+-+No+more+censorship%21&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

[Image: DouDudt.png]

[Image: 9apVe8l.png]

From torrent description:

Quote:FAQ:

What is PirateBrowser?

PirateBrowser is a bundle
package of the Tor client (Vidalia) and FireFox Portable browser (with foxyproxy addon) and some custom configs that allows you to
circumvent censorship that certain countries such as Iran, North Korea, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Denmark, Italy and Ireland impose onto their citizens.
Does it make me surf the net anonymously?
No, this browser is just to circumvent censorship, to remove limits on accessing sites governments don't want you to know about.
How to I use PirateBrowser?

Hope this helps mate Big Grin

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
08-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I haven’t explained the problem very well and my apologies for that.

I can get onto TPB and others easily. Smile

What I don’t get is that from RC some members have a link to their torrents and that's great.
When I click to see what torrents they have I come across "The Webpage is not available."
Just wondering is this just an issue from the UK?
Can everyone else use these links?
Is there a way RC can get it so members from the UK can just click and see all the goodies on offer. Smile
08-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Are you sure you re being blocked? As I type this the torrent links are not working because TPB is down for maintenance:

Quote:The server at thepiratebay.sx is taking too long to respond.

08-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes it's being blocked but I can get on manually.

If I try to go on your torrents blocked from here.

Manually input: http://pirateproxy.net/user/WildcardSearch and Bingo I'm in like Flyn. Big Grin

It's not a big deal just saying can't use the links from UK and didn't know if you were aware or not.
08-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I know what the problem is. The auto-forwarding from the earlier URLs no longer appears to be working. Use this link: http://thepiratebay.sx

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
(08-14-2013 11:48 AM)System Folder Wrote:  I know what the problem is. The auto-forwarding from the earlier URLs no longer appears to be working. Use this link: http://thepiratebay.sx

Blocked.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MyBB as a torrent tracker karpackie 0 3,034 07-03-2012 11:39 AM
Last Post: karpackie
  Quick Links AliShibaz 6 1,857 06-27-2012 08:09 PM
Last Post: Mark
  A perfect torrent auen1 1 1,181 05-15-2012 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mark

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)