• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Closed
    Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Solved: Any idea what this is all about?
    Question 
    I got this message when I tried to open the first page to "People of Walmart"

[Image: 24158135.jpg]

You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
    it's probably because an image posted on the thread in question is hosted on that site.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Isn't anybody else aware of this?
    Shouldn't the image be removed?

I used to get that all the time when I used chrome. It seems that whenever chrome is unsure about something, it's default setting is to tell you there's malware ahead. It's rubbish. When I first joined RC, there were loads of pages that I couldn't access because of the stupid malware alerts. Just click on 'advanced' and hit proceed to view the page. What I urge you to do though @kath3 is to get rid of chrome altogether, and switch to Firefox, it's far, far superior, especially when you're using Vista. (I've got vista and windows 8, and have Firefox for both.) Chrome also crashes a lot, and loses your data. Firefox doesn't do that. Once you're on Firefox, you won't see any malware ahead alerts like chrome gives you. My security (corp. malwarebytes or something, it's pretty good) filters out the shit anyway, so I know there are no images on rc that contain malware. Fire chrome, get the fox. Yay

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
    (05-02-2013, 04:37 AM)kath3 Wrote:  Isn't anybody else aware of this?
    Shouldn't the image be removed?

it's not really an issue. you aren't loading anything malicious from the site, just an image and to be perfectly honest, google might have listed the site has containing malicious code simply because of an ad banner or something.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Ok. gotcha Yay
    In all the years I've been visiting forums I have never received such a message before.
    Thanks for putting me at ease. Wink

case in point:

[Image: vUSETlc.png]

Thanks for this ^^^ sporkium Yay

It was probably my fault. The site I normally use to post images has been down for a few days, so I started direct linking to the images instead of using a host. I will stop doing that to prevent people from getting warnings, even though like the others said, it won't harm anything.

Sorry about any worries I caused anyone, if it was me.

that those with no rights,
    display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
    a world commiting suicide
    welps... that's a wrap. Wink

Thread Closed