Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Sexism
Is it fair to make stereo-types? I don't think so . . ., but then again since when has fair even mattered to anyone these days? Don't we all have expectations of certain groups?

I know I am surprised quite often by the skill of women around me- but herein lies the problem. Over and over I have been shown that women are more than capable, but still I'm surprised Huh

Also, I hate SJ because he is a YAKshagger and I am not down with his alternate lifestyle. Hysterical

So my question is:

Do you have predjudices of gender? Do you believe it's possible to be totally un-biased toward gender? Are you sexist? Are you ashamed of it? Do I ask too many questions? Did Steve Jobs fake his death?
Wildcard is awesome.
Steve Jobs didn't fake his death, but he faked Michael Jackson's and was punished for it by God.

And no, I don't have gender-based expectations when it comes to intellect or capabilities, but I am still not surprised when men ask stupid questions and still claim to be amazed when women come up with clever answers :p
No fucking censorship. Ever.
i never thought women are not clever,in fact in general i think they're cleverer than men..
of course i'm biased,they've got tits and things.
Alternate lifestyle?i never thought of it that way
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Guys are generally much stupider than women. Women are just more niave than men.
Fistfull of xanax
...Niavity is not stupidity; its a miss placed longing for hope, faith given to a hopeless situation. Men are just tards. Most are extremly selfish and therefore obtuse to important factors in life and the world around them. Generally speaking of corse...
Fistfull of xanax
I'm with you there,some women are tarts,but all men are
of small minds[
I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE to be unbiased. Toward a gender. Men and women just can't do it. Good or bad. We will always shake our heads at each other and blame the dumb stuff on the other person's gender.
Fistfull of xanax
not true,except on the roadBig Grin
of small minds[
(02-15-2012, 10:01 AM)LannisterHater Wrote: I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE to be unbiased. Toward a gender. Men and women just can't do it. Good or bad. We will always shake our heads at each other and blame the dumb stuff on the other person's gender.

I must disagree. There's a difference between taking the piss by quoting stereotypes in an ironic fashion -- we all do that, for gender, race, occupation, whatever -- and holding a genuine bias, or the stronger prejudice. The number of idiots I know would be pretty much equal for male and female... though I must admit, they're heavily weighted towards those of American upbringing :p
No fucking censorship. Ever.
(02-15-2012, 10:57 PM)Leanne Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 10:01 AM)LannisterHater Wrote: I believe it is IMPOSSIBLE to be unbiased. Toward a gender. Men and women just can't do it. Good or bad. We will always shake our heads at each other and blame the dumb stuff on the other person's gender.

I must disagree. There's a difference between taking the piss by quoting stereotypes in an ironic fashion . . .

But where do those stereotypes come from if not from personal and social bias?
Wildcard is awesome.