• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server Maintenance Thread!
    (10-21-2012, 01:21 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  Which timezone will RC be down in HT? I'm in the UK so daytime for me starts in about 11 hours Smile

random downtimes for maintance, and the move starts at 10 PM which will be 9 PM for you.
    i know its a bit late reaction Big Grin

But the move was Succesfull and so was the maintance on the new serverbox.
    let me know if any issues occur Big Grin
    I didn't even notice . . . Blush

Man you are smooth . . . remind me to never let you around a girl I like :p

Wildcard is awesome.
    Renamed this Thread to Server Maintance Thread, Ill post all maintance's in here.

Tomorrow another Maintance will follow on the host.
    Cleanup and Allround Backups.
    clean up some old pics

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (11-05-2012, 03:00 PM)HTorrentz Wrote:  Renamed this Thread to Server Maintance Thread, Ill post all maintance's in here.

Tomorrow another Maintance will follow on the host.
    Cleanup and Allround Backups.

you might want to try renaming this thread one more time without the typo, hz Wink

anyway, good idea on having a server status thread.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    which typo ?

i dont know how to write maintance XD
    God Wrote:try this: 'maintenance.'

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Typo Fixed

Update 6th November 2012:

Maintenance Completed.
    All backups are made - Plus over 10 GB Unused Data Removed. (Files older then 3 months)
    No Worries Those arent System Files, so all sites including Rantcentral are All Working like before Big Grin
    (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM by HTorr3ntz.)
    We Are about to test a new server, my webhost will be having a connection between 2 servers.
    if one server drops out for whatever reasons, the other server will take over. which means on both server rantcentral will be running, although your question might be will the rantcentral on that server being identical as this rantcentral.

YES it will, my system will make sure that every post which is made, will be transferred to the other server system aswell, so there will be a constant connection between the 2 servers, and content/data will be transferred each second from 1 server to the other server.

the idea is, that if we ever face a server going down for whatever reasons, that the other server will take over, so rantcentral and the other sites on the host dont face any downtime

this will have another positive thing with it, whenever we are doing maintanance's on the server box, the other server will take over till maintanances are done, so this time i can provide 0 minutes downtimes during maintanances aswell.

im currently testing the system, so im crashing the server for fun now, if everything is going as planned, you wont notice any downtime, cause the other server will take over automaticly, if that happens i know the system works. it should change connection as soon as the Alert Server loses connection with the main server.

this wont change ANYTHING for you all, mark will still be able to login to his contol panel, the domain wont change, nothing will change for the staff or users. the only change is that there a Emergency server and main server now.

NOTE: The Emergency server contains less good hardware then the main server, but then again the Emergency server is only there incase something happens to the Main Server.

Hope to have you all informed, i will edit this post if the tests where succesfull or not.
    with further information, NOTE 2: i tried to explain what i mean, i hope you all understand what im talking about, either way if you dont, do not worry about it, it basicly means that rantcentral is not going down easaly from now on.

Kind Regards.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    09-23-2018, 08:06 PM
    Last Post by Wildcard
    04-30-2016, 05:54 PM
    Last Post by LZA
    08-25-2013, 08:59 PM