Current time: 07-21-2017, 01:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School rant
06-16-2014, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 05:39 AM by Salubrious.)
School rant
Assigning a final project worth 40% of your grade where you must draw blue prints of house on a piece of paper that MUST BE BIGGER THAN 11x14 incorporating at least 5 energy reducing techniques in it. Must be hand drawn using tools. Then there's the 3 pages of research that are required for these techniques forcing you to put some bullshit on it because no one fucking knows how many pounds of CO2 you are fucking saving over it's lifetime because there isn't data about it. But the instructor knew that so he provided some links for the class to use which would be helpful if at least 2 of the 5 links fucking worked!! WTF! Then he makes it due in two days and the day it is due you have to present it like a salesperson in front of the class while the class has to takes notes. All the other teachers gave their finals a week ago so the class could relax the last week of school but nooooo this teacher decided to try out a new final this year to "see how people react" (word for word). Mind you we already took a test the class of and he assigned it at the end of the class saying it will be due on Monday. So rest of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. However I had to go to 2 fucking graduations and graduation parties (family forced). Fuck this. Fuck this teacher. Fuck school.

Anyone wanna share some other school rants? and sorry I needed to rant about this since I'm pulling an all-nighter on this damn project.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: School rant
(06-16-2014 05:39 AM)Salubrious Wrote:  ...

you do realize of course that every company that produces energy efficient products have already done the research, created sales pitches specifically tailored for their products and compiled the appropriate technical data... and stuck all of it on the internet where anyone can can see it, right?

as far as all of your complaining because you are expected to produce results until the end of the semester... that's life. you will need to get used to it. in the future, you might be able to find a boss willing to give you a weeks worth of pay for doing nothing, but that's not how the world works.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-16-2014 05:39 AM)Salubrious Wrote:  Anyone wanna share some other school rants? and sorry I needed to rant about this since I'm pulling an all-nighter on this damn project.

This is what my first school looked like:

[Image: byXq8sS.jpg]

Schooled in Argentina from age 5 - 9, there were 250 children divided into 4 rooms at my school. With an intense thirst for knowledge, and teachers trying their best with what they had, nothing could satiate me, which left me constantly bored and unchallenged. Despite the availablity of computers in town or city schools, mine was a village school located in a remote area that was vulnerable to mudslides, flash floods and the like, and ours was without many of the resources taken for granted by those in city schools. My class comprised of around 60 - 65 pupils at any given time, of differing ages. Some classmates were 2 years younger than me, some 2 years older, meaning we all helped each other in order to learn more. When it rained, school got cancelled because the floors would get wet and flood, making it more dangerous than it already was. I should have attended until I was 10 but unfortunately, government goons came in one day and ran their bulldozers over it, flattening it to pieces.

The point I'm trying to make here is that you're an ingrate with no clue as to how truly lucky you are. You have a teacher willing to be unpopular in order to push you further, you have access to materials and tools (whatever they may be), and you have family support behind you.

At this point in your life you'll most likely disagree with what I've said, but I hope one day, with some life experience behind you, and some degree of emotional maturity, you'll realise how whiny and ungrateful you sound. Your post was anything but a rant. It was a complaint by you because you're being pushed at school by teachers who are supposed to do just that.
06-16-2014, 01:22 PM
(06-16-2014 10:24 AM)Dibbz Wrote:  
(06-16-2014 05:39 AM)Salubrious Wrote:  Anyone wanna share some other school rants? and sorry I needed to rant about this since I'm pulling an all-nighter on this damn project.

The point I'm trying to make here is that you're an ingrate with no clue as to how truly lucky you are. You have a teacher willing to be unpopular in order to push you further, you have access to materials and tools (whatever they may be), and you have family support behind you.

At this point in your life you'll most likely disagree with what I've said, but I hope one day, with some life experience behind you, and some degree of emotional maturity, you'll realise how whiny and ungrateful you sound. Your post was anything but a rant. It was a complaint by you because you're being pushed at school by teachers who are supposed to do just that.

Christ almighty! I'm getting really tired of people saying "Woe is you." It's completely inconsiderate. The people who say "Kids in Ethiopia would love to eat your scraps" need to shut the fuck up. I'm not saying that kids worldwide aren't suffering with hunger and many other terrible issues. I'm saying, one person ranting about school, as most kids do, isn't doing anyone any harm. I'm saying that everyone has their problems, and we're all entitled to a good rant once in a while.

Yes, maybe we could use some growing up, but you saying so isn't going to make it happen. So stop wasting your time, get over the fact that people are going to bitch about whatever people are going to bitch about, and stop making it a competition on who has the worst damn life.

Let @Salubrious do their thing. I would agree if someone were bitching about the iPad their parents didn't get them for Christmas, then yes, that person is a selfish, entitled child. We're talking about shitty school assignments here. Everyone had them. Stop making @Salubrious sound like a bad person for ranting about something that is going on in their life that is causing them stress. This is RANTCENTRAL, for God's sake.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Tape - Ironic and Shit Rant Yei 3 233 06-09-2017 04:53 AM
Last Post: srijantje
  First rant, sitting in Psychology class Zenn 0 244 04-11-2017 09:49 AM
Last Post: Zenn
  my rant BorderLineMadness 1 289 04-07-2017 09:36 AM
Last Post: srijantje

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)