Current time: 04-24-2017, 10:15 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Salt
01-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Salt
We're all aware of the dangers of eating too much salt in our diet, but how much is too much? I personally think the current daily maximum limit of 6g is too high, as the body only needs about 3g a day, yet with all the hidden salt in precooked and takeaway foods it's not uncommon to consume 10g a day! Do you watch your salt intake or check how much is in your food?

I only add salt to home cooked chips which I have a couple of times a week, and it's not proper salt, it's that Lo-salt alternative which tastes just as nice. If I'm making a soup I'll only add a slight bit because you can always add to taste later. When shopping I always read the ingredients and check the quantity (and quality) of nutrients , but if i start reading a list of ingredients that I don't recognise I'll put it back and either look for an alternative or make my own from scratch. I know a few people who suffer from very high blood pressure who don't 'add' salt to their food, they 'pour' it on, which is disgusting.

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 10:32 AM
RE: Salt
i eat quiet a lot of salt but have very low blood pressure

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I rarely ever add salt to anything. I actually don't get the big deal and why some people love it so much. My blood pressure is generally a bit low.

Wildcard is awesome.
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
most people aren't as physically active as they should be and thus: don't sweat which means they retain salt and that fucks them up... lazy ass salty bastards.

also, there are different kinds of salt... or sodium to be exact.

salt is truly a magnificent substance... over 1001 known uses and 5 which remain secret.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
(01-06-2013 11:48 AM)sporkium Wrote:  over 1001 known uses and 5 which remain secret.

Could you elaborate on these 5 secret uses as I'm stumped (and curious)?

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
(01-06-2013 12:06 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 11:48 AM)sporkium Wrote:  over 1001 known uses and 5 which remain secret.

Could you elaborate on these 5 secret uses as I'm stumped (and curious)?

never.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
(01-06-2013 07:28 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  I only add salt to home cooked chips which I have a couple of times a week, and it's not proper salt, it's that Lo-salt alternative which tastes just as nice.

rotf...

losalt = 33% sodium chrloride. 66% potassium chloride.

potassium chloride = while fine and and essential in a healthy diet, is very toxic and poisonous if used in excess... say, for example, by people who think they can use as much as they like since it is healthier than using plain sodium chloride.

used as the third drug in lethal injection executions.

01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
i don't even like salt in my chips/fries. i prefer black pepper.
01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
How about mayonaise?

It's largely a favorite in the USA. I've never known anyone to use it outside of the USA.

Personally, I don't get it. Mayonaise on french fries?
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
(01-06-2013 09:42 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  How about mayonaise?

It's largely a favorite in the USA. I've never known anyone to use it outside of the USA.

Personally, I don't get it. Mayonaise on french fries?

it's delicious. i've never even been to the usa and i love it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)