Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Remakes
I have a policy of not watching them because I don't want to bankroll a lack of imagination, but what if they're by the original's makers and part of a series known for kidding itself? Thus is my quandry with Evil Dead. What remakes have you seen and hated/liked? Do you even watch remakes?
hoziF8HTcag
True Grit was a remake worth watching. I'm not saying that it was the only one but they are few and far between.
Wildcard is awesome.
I did actually watch the True Grit remake. If I didn't like the original film then I'll watch the remake just to see if the story's improved, and in that case it was. But then I'm not fond of John Wayne films.
(11-11-2012, 09:57 PM)heslopian Wrote: I'm not fond of John Wayne films.

I'm a huge John Wayne fan but even I have to admit Jeff Bridges did a fantastic job.
Wildcard is awesome.
(11-11-2012, 10:05 PM)Mark Wrote: I'm a huge John Wayne fan

I thought you might be, butchBig Grin
The topic sir :p

The Spider-man remake looks okay but I will have to be low on entertainment options before I will watch it. I have seen enough Spider-man for a few decades.
Wildcard is awesome.
The new Spiderman film isn't a remake, it's a reboot with new characters and backstories.
(11-11-2012, 10:18 PM)heslopian Wrote: The new Spiderman film isn't a remake, it's a reboot with new characters and backstories.

Oh okay. Well then I suck.
Wildcard is awesome.
Is “The Sweeny” classed as a remake even though it is meant to be in present time?

And the fact it was TV now a movie??

Either way it was rubbishSad
I'm going to have to watch the Evil Dead remake because i'm a fan of the original trilogy... but i'm avoiding any reviews and trailers so i'm not over-excited on hype. There are some movies where i definitely prefer the original like, The Omen (1976), The Hitcher (1986), The Fog (1980), and The Hills Have Eyes (1977); and then there's movies where i don't have a preference and enjoyed both the original and the remake, like, Cape Fear, Dawn Of The Dead, and Assault On Precint 13. Some movies are so crap in the first place that they should never be remade, and then there's films that haven't been remade, but i would love to see them redone, like They Live!, and Network.

Usually i groan when i hear a movie i like is being remade, because the cynic in me just thinks 'oh, run out of ideas have we?' It's nice to be surprised by a good remake though, when it happens. Smile
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695