• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ray Bradbury Dies At 91
    [Image: 600]

Ray Bradbury's more than 27 novels and 600 short stories helped give stylistic heft to fantasy and science fiction. In 'The Martian Chronicles' and other works, the L.A.-based Bradbury mixed small-town familiarity with otherworldly settings.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-ray-bradbury-20120607,0,5622415.story
    eh who is he anyway
    one of the very best sci-fi writers ...bye ray Sad

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
    KP he was a sci-fi writer and a brilliant man. He wrong for The Twighlight Zone among many othe things.

RIP Ray Bradbury

Wildcard is awesome.
    R.I.P. Ray...another genius, a brilliant mind. Loved his stuff. Talented til the end....

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
    91 is not a bad innings is it ?

RIP Ray
    i loved his stuff

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    I read a great quote by him the other day: "In writing the short novel Fahrenheit 451 I thought I was describing a world that might evolve in four or five decades. But only a few weeks ago, in Beverly Hills one night, a husband and wife passed me, walking their dog. I stood staring after them, absolutely stunned. The woman held in one hand a small cigarette-package-sized radio, its antenna quivering. From this sprang tiny copper wires which ended in a dainty cone plugged into her right ear. There she was, oblivious to man and dog, listening to far winds and whispers and soap-opera cries, sleep-walking, helped up and down curbs by a husband who might just as well not have been there. This was not fiction."
    I wonder what he made of ipods?
    I am going to download every ebook of his that I can find. Read one a month at the least.
    He was a brilliant and creative man.

And I wonder what science fiction he has written that has since become science fact?
    (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 06:44 AM by . . . ..)

hmmm... ray bradbury look's like a more haggard form of mr. rogers... weird.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by 2010kaiser
    08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
    Last Post by lightbulb
    12-29-2012, 06:54 AM