Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranting about Ebola
Is it important to prepare ourselves for some Ebola pandemic?

Given that it may happen or it may not happen, should we expend any time or effort to prepare ourselves? If so, how much?

I want to show you an article which is titled, ... "TEN REASONS YOU SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT EBOLA".

http://www.toptenz.net/10-reasons-should...-ebola.php

IMHO, it would be much better to be over-prepared instead of under-prepared. I can't even estimate the cost of failing to be prepared. But, I'm certainly willing to invest at least 24 hours preparing myself. The only problem is to know just what to do.

I actually tend to think this article was written tongue-in-cheek. I don't believe the author was at all serious in their claim that there are good reasons not to worry. I think there are many very strong reasons to do the opposite.

Good luck to everyone here. I hope we all will remain safe. There is really very little effort railing against Mother Nature. In the past, she has proven herself to be fairly invincible in these matters.

We humans are really pretty puny when it comes to a battle with her.
there are good reasons to not worry. statistically speaking, you are more likely to be
assaulted by an aged-child-actor than contract ebola.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
I do hope it is contained. I was walking the street yesterday and a guy went 'paaaaarp' and blowed to clear his nose. I urgently covered myself with a handkerchief and he was staring at me as though I was at fault. I think he finally realized his mistake. Prevention is better than cure at least as far as Asian countries go.

The next time, I think I will do this jig.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash