• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rant: The Lack of Fencers and Too Many Guns
    Brick 
    Why, oh, why are there few fencers in my area. Holmes and Wayne County, Ohio are one of the most desolate places for a sword swinger. The only time I get to practice is with my friends who are afraid of the edge of their own blade. The world is not very supportive of true swordfighting, only less elegant sports like football and baseball. Oh, what a concept. Giant, sweaty mountains of flesh that violently attack average sized people. Sounds like cavemen. Oh, wait, it is.

The elegance of war has also disappeared. What happened to wars being personal and artful. Now, it's "Press this button" or "Pull the trigger and aim", no real equipment difference, no skill segregation. There are fewer and farther between masters of modern war than there were of medieval war. Also, you don't always get to look your opponent in the eyes, no time to pen a letter on their back, and no respect to the environment.

Don't get me wrong, I love guns, I feel that they are pretty well necessary, but, they and missiles, motorized vehicles, chemicals, nor explosives should be used for war. I'm a tree hugging warmonger. Get used to it.
    If people had to actually stab a mother fucker to kill them, less people would probably die.
    (10-29-2018, 07:53 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  If people had to actually stab a mother fucker to kill them, less people would probably die.

"We don't need gun control, we need bullet control. If bullets cost $5,000 there would be no more innocent bystanders. 'Damn he musta did something they put $50,000 worth of bullets in his ass!' " - Chris Rock
    not a bad idea @politux

ah, genghis where are you,the us of a needs you[to maraud through a bit]

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (11-01-2018, 07:16 AM)srijantje Wrote:  [to maraud through a bit]

Nothing like a good marauding...