Current time: 09-23-2017, 04:13 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Links
06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Quick Links
Many other boards have a section on the home page called "Quick Links" where people can instantly find things like:

Private Messages
My Threads
My posts
Today's Posts
Who's Online

etc.

I know that I haven't spent a lot of time here and I may not be terribly swift. But it took me an embarassingly long time to figure out that I had to click on "User CP" to get to my PMs.

On the one hand, I can appreciate the very sparse nature of your home page.

For most people it limits the places they can look and it should be obvious that private messages would be accessed via the "User CP" link. There's just nowhere else to try! So, that's good.

But on the other hand, it took me a very long time to find out how to get to my PMs and how to see all the threads I had posted in.

I suppose that it should have been obvious that I had to use the Search Tool. Or maybe it's not all that obvious?

But I just thought I'd make this suggestion for some day in the future when you have nothing more pressing to do and feel like working on this forum. Just in case you are looking for things to do.
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: Quick Links
Ok AliShibaz

we will eh look into it thanks for sharing Dodgy

06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
you can access your private messages at any time by clicking 'private messages' located in the box located below the site banner

you can see who is online at any time by clicking on 'who's online' located at the bottom of the forum's front page or by looking at the 'users online' window.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 05:33 PM by AliShibaz.)
Oh dear!

Please excuse me but I missed the link to "Private Messages" in the box the first time I looked there.

But this is the second time I am writing this reply because the first time I clicked on that face while I was writing this reply and promptly lost the reply.

My own fault. I should have known by now that I should write all posts and replies in an editor that is outside any sites and when I am done, I can come back and post it.

(06-27-2012 03:24 PM)stormium Wrote:  you can access your private messages at any time by clicking 'private messages' located in the box located below the site banner

you can see who is online at any time by clicking on 'who's online' located at the bottom of the forum's front page or by looking at the 'users online' window.

Oh dear!

So sorry. I don't know how I missed the link to "Private Messags" when I first looked there earlier.

But, I am getting older and maybe that's the reason I keep missing so many of these things. But thank you for you reply.
06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
(06-27-2012 05:18 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  Oh dear!

Please excuse me but I missed the link to "Private Messages" in the box the first time I looked there.

But this is the second time I am writing this reply because the first time I clicked on that face while I was writing this reply and promptly lost the reply.

My own fault. I should have known by now that I should write all posts and replies in an editor that is outside any sites and when I am done, I can come back and post it.

(06-27-2012 03:24 PM)stormium Wrote:  you can access your private messages at any time by clicking 'private messages' located in the box located below the site banner

Oh dear!

So sorry. I don't know how I missed the link to "Private Messags" when I first looked there earlier.

But, I am getting older and maybe that's the reason I keep missing so many of these things. But thank you for you reply.

don't worry AliShibaz you will get used to it WinkWink

06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
(06-27-2012 11:01 AM)AliShibaz Wrote:  Many other boards have a section on the home page called "Quick Links" where people can instantly find things like:

Private Messages
My Threads
My posts
Today's Posts
Who's Online

etc.

I know that I haven't spent a lot of time here and I may not be terribly swift. But it took me an embarassingly long time to figure out that I had to click on "User CP" to get to my PMs.

On the one hand, I can appreciate the very sparse nature of your home page.

For most people it limits the places they can look and it should be obvious that private messages would be accessed via the "User CP" link. There's just nowhere else to try! So, that's good.

But on the other hand, it took me a very long time to find out how to get to my PMs and how to see all the threads I had posted in.

I suppose that it should have been obvious that I had to use the Search Tool. Or maybe it's not all that obvious?

But I just thought I'd make this suggestion for some day in the future when you have nothing more pressing to do and feel like working on this forum. Just in case you are looking for things to do.

Because your smarter than us................... i'm going to ban your ass!!!! AliShibaz
Just kiddin' Big GrinBig GrinCool

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Thread solved. Thread Closed

Wildcard is awesome.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [SolvedIs there a simple fix or way around Torrent links on RC? snilloc 24 7,382 08-14-2013 08:08 PM
Last Post: Wildcard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)