Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Questions about downloading
How do you like my new avatar? I was gonna try for a Brittany Spears but then decided that was just too much of a stretch.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me with some questions about downloading video files.

I currently have a 720p LCD TV and I know that I will be wanting to upgrade to a 1020p in a little while.

When I download movies and TV shows, I usually see some specs attached to the files that seem to relate to the file's quality of the video.

I'm wondering if I am just wasting my time downloading any old file or if I should be on the lookout for specific specs.

In particular, should I d/l files that are 720p now or should I try to prepare for the future and d/l files that are 1020p in preparation for the time when I will get a 1020p set?

Are there any other specs that I should try to avoid or try to get today?

I'd sure appreciate any advice you can give me.
that depends on preferance. most people can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080... unless they have a massive tv. its always best to prepare for the future... but its really up to you.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
If you have the storage space and bandwidth then download the best possible quality. If storage or bandwidth is a problem then just reduce the quality of your downloads accordingly.

I always download 700MB movies because I have bandwidth issues, but plenty of storage.
Wildcard is awesome.
The higher resolution will never look bad go for HD wherever you can depend on your ISP restrictions. Simply the more pixel’s that you squeeze into a square inch the sharper the picture. I know that’s not being technical but when you get a bigger screen then that’s when the low res will look patchy in places.

Only my opinion I am not an expert but I do download a lot of films and have crap eyesight so to sharpen stuff up for me I go High Res every time.

Still can’t see it all but Hey Ho
Big Grin
(04-13-2012, 10:26 AM)AliShibaz Wrote: How do you like my new avatar? I was gonna try for a Brittany Spears but then decided that was just too much of a stretch.

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me with some questions about downloading video files.

I currently have a 720p LCD TV and I know that I will be wanting to upgrade to a 1020p in a little while.

When I download movies and TV shows, I usually see some specs attached to the files that seem to relate to the file's quality of the video.

I'm wondering if I am just wasting my time downloading any old file or if I should be on the lookout for specific specs.

In particular, should I d/l files that are 720p now or should I try to prepare for the future and d/l files that are 1020p in preparation for the time when I will get a 1020p set?

Are there any other specs that I should try to avoid or try to get today?

I'd sure appreciate any advice you can give me.

Although not related to 720 / 1080p / HD etc video file downloads. There's a brilliant tutorial on cropping etc by bob5695 HERE that may interest you if video downloading etc is your thing.
I've yet to see any other tut's on other forums that show the process in such detail and i learned a lot from it myself.
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Thank you all very much.

Your advice was very helpful and very relevant to me because ...

My deal with the cable company permits me to D/L 250 GB per month.

At the end of the month, I am usually in a bit of a panic because I have D/L'd close to 250 GB and don't want to exceed my limit or ...

I have D/L'd far less than 250 GB and I'm trying to find stuff to D/L.

So, in case I want to D/L more, I will choose larger files and in case I don't, then I will choose smaller files.

BTW, I should have known that if there was a good tutorial or posts that explained things on this subject it would have been Bob who would have been the one who wrote them. His remarks re D/L have always been superb.

Thank you all again and bye bye.

Hey! Nobody likes my new avatar? Well, I'm truly bummed about that. But I'm also curious. Does anyone have an opinion as to how this photo was created? My guess is that it's not really a picture of a human face. I'm guessing that maybe someone took a photo of someone's face upside down. And then, it was "doctored" into looking like the mess that it is. Does that seem to be possible?
looks like a regular photo to me. i knew a guy that looked like that. he was really freaky.

so, ali, where are you from? i'm from phoenix.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
More than likely 2 or 3 separate photo's morphed into 1 after using the likes of "puppet warp" in photoshop and then "clone stamp", "refine edge" etc after the layers were finished.
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
I am from Toronto. It gets really cold here in the winter. But it's nothing compared to Montreal. I think I mentioned that I am from Toronto in my first post in the "welcome thread".

I used to live in Montreal and in the winter, the snow would pile high from ten to twenty feet by the time spring came around and it melted.

I know you must think I am exaggerating. But I'm not. For some reason Montreal gets a huge amount of snow and its winters are very much more severe than Toronto. The temperatures get much colder and they get a lot more snow. I would never want to move back to Montreal in the winter.

Phoenix has the reputation of always being hot and dry. Sounds like a great place to retire to me.
(04-13-2012, 04:11 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: More than likely 2 or 3 separate photo's morphed into 1 after using the likes of "puppet warp" in photoshop and then "clone stamp", "refine edge" etc after the layers were finished.

Sounds very likely to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  downloading at Starbucks? land_stander 3 1,822 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Last Post: land_stander
  Questions about Portugueuse Subtitles AliShibaz 2 967 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  My MyBB Questions auen1 4 1,933 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mark