Current time: 06-27-2017, 05:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Professionalism
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Professionalism
Why does it seem like the people in charge are usually incapable of handling whatever little power they have? To be a competent manager/supervisor it requires patience, a clear head and people skills. A Dilbert cartoon once said something like, 'Corporations systematically move the most ineffective workers to a place where they can do the least damage - MANAGEMENT' I couldn't agree more.

I have a temper and while I don't consider myself a hot-head, if someone approaches me in an angry or violent manner I react accordingly. If I have time to think, I will generally calm myself down, but when backed into a corner, the redneck comes out of me. I'll admit that it is unprofessional on my part to allow someone to get under my skin, but imo it is the job of management to maintain the peace and not to infuriate and frustrate their employees.

Most companies have a stack of policies a mile high that give professional methods to remove trouble-makers from the payroll, but instead of the tried and proven verbal warning/written warning/fired method, some lunkheads insist on blowing their top in front of the staff seemingly to instill fear into them. Well that shit doesn't cut it with an Alabama redneck.

If you attack me verbally then I just might attack you physically if I feel threatened. However, if someone can present their concerns in a calm (but firm) manner, I am easy to 'handle'- I don't want trouble, but I don't have a lot of 'back-down' in me either . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: Professionalism
I don't know why, but I was thinking of Adam the whole time I was reading that.

When I was in management I never lost my cool with any of my staff. Where I work now, the management staff is a joke. They all have the people skills of a porcupine. Half of them have NO balls and the other half little to no idea what goes on on a daily basis. I constantly get asked the same questions over and over again, troubleshooting and fixing their problems. No cognotive reasoning ability whatsoever. Somedays I wish I could be a tard so I would not have to be so frustrated with their self-induced ignorance. I feel yo pain brotha.

Fistfull of xanax
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
All I can think as I read this is that Mark is soooo ready to move on, away from his current position (don't let asses get ya down Mark)... and my wonderful LH has all the skills and experience to be a 'boss' but chooses to let someone boss him... Can u really fuss when that's the case LH??

God leads; We follow! Angel
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Then again maybe I've just always been so perfect I never get crap from my bosses ;-)

God leads; We follow! Angel
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
You're both right.

[Image: Dilbert%20Good%20Manager.jpg]

Wildcard is awesome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)