Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Privacy under attack
The British newspaper The Guardian has published an excellent opinion piece by Eben Moglen about the implications of the surveillance revelations by Edward Snowden.
It is an excellent read, and everyone ought to read it.
The article is quite long, it will probably take you at least 15 minutes to read through it.

Privacy under attack: the NSA files revealed new threats to democracy
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
The NSA doesn't just snoop into what you do on the net.
It also wants to know what you look like.

The NSA has collected 'millions' of faces from the web
- Robert A. Heinlein
great find,VF

the u.s.gov.lost all credibility when it came about that they used these spying methods on other countries industries and gave the info on request from american multy nationals and it became hilarious when they accused the chinese of the same
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
the u.s. spies on everyone, just like every other country on the planet does. we are just better at it than everyone else.

as far as china goes, that's plain thievery and a different case completely. the chinese we caught stealing shit like they always do and like the soviets use to be able to do.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
i get the pic.when the u.s.a does it,it's o.k.,when everybody else does it,it's not,pretty infantile
of small minds[
you obviously don't get the picture... everyone spies on everyone. it's been like that since the dawn of time... the untied states is just way better at it than everyone else. the difference between the issue with the chinese is that the chinese weren't spying, they were stealing information for military and economic advancement.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
so were the u.s.and then giving the info to american companies so they new what their competitors were up to before negotiations .
of small minds[
What about this?

Spying on the United Nations

Spying on United Nations leaders by United States diplomats
- Robert A. Heinlein
and this........

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014...mic-spying

but of course everybody would do it if they have a chance,why be hypocritical about it/
of small minds[
(06-02-2014, 12:19 AM)velvetfog Wrote: What about this?

Spying on the United Nations

Spying on United Nations leaders by United States diplomats

what's your point?

i support the united states' efforts to spy on any organization attempting to take over the world.

(06-02-2014, 04:37 AM)srijantje Wrote: and this........

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014...mic-spying

but of course everybody would do it if they have a chance,why be hypocritical about it/

i'm assuming you are trying to say that china is doing the same thing... and you'd be wrong. china is stealing information related to advancing their military and commercial technologies.

we are just spying. just like EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET DOES.

so, the rest of the world can sit around and bitch and cry about it like usual... and discuss it while you share your lip gloss.

the fact of the matter is that much like the movie and music industries, you need to catch up with the times.

metadata has existed for decades. the only difference between now and then is that we now have the technology to process all that information (still not nearly as much information as google has on you). privacy is just a legal term at the end of the day and that legal term is dictated by a privacy policy. those privacy policies are determined by the people.

the only problem i have with my government invading your fictitious sense of privacy is that it would be a colossal waste of time... if they want to learn about isolated mountain living with yaks or stupid nordic-canadian things, they can dick around on wikipedia.

fact: the only people concerned about this are the same people who believe that the government is trying to kill them by fluoridating their water supply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attack in Paris by Muslim Extremists Seeking "Revenge" For the Prophet AliShibaz 14 4,588 01-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post: srijantje
  Alec Baldwin Makes a Homophobic Attack AliShibaz 4 1,978 06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: LZA
  Internet Hit By Biggest Attack Ever! AliShibaz 0 947 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz