Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Polygamist world vs Monogamus relationships. (warning don't read if easily offended)
Well, I thought about this for a while, and I can't stop to think about all the pro's and con's with polygamy and monogamy. So I guess I can start by defining them first:

Polygamist Relationships; relationships that involve more than one person.
I always thought polygamy isn't at all a bad thing. There's either homosexual polygamy (a relationship with 3 or more of the same sex), heterosexual polygamy (where for example, a man has 2 or more women or 2 men share 3 or more women), and bisexual polygamy.

Monogamous Relationships; (don't need to explain this).

Monogamous relationships have some kind of negative to it that is just a part of human nature: It breeds jealousy. For example if there is a girl/guy you like, but she is with another other guy, and depending on how you take it, you may get jealous. In some cases some guys/girls fight over somebody. Monogamous relationships breed competition and ego; you have to be good enough for the person you like or he/she will go for the other person.

But, in a polygamist relationship, regardless of the sexual orientation, one person could share their partner and possibly work out days he/she is with that person, so there wouldn't be any jealousy. There's the saying "Sharing is caring", but it is frowned upon by some groups, one in particular are Christians just because the bible says it's wrong just like homosexuality, incest (I don't value incest in any way), etc.

What is your opinion on this?
I wouldn't want multiple 'wives' . . . multiple partners Big Grin, but not multiple wives . . .

I really don't even want a wife (Toga I mean IRL Smile ) at all, much less two or more. From the standpoint of a male with multiple wives, people don't realize that he is responsible for that entire bunch of bitches and brats-- whether you agree with it morally or not, gotta give him proper for being a good manager. Wink

But that just isn't me. I rarely keep a girlfriend long so what do I need with a harem? I get a little spooked if a girl asks me for money in the first year I meet her, why would I want multiple women looking to me with their hand out?

Now looking at the female aspect, I don't get how they can share their husband . . . I have never even been inclined to share a girlfriend with another man. There is no way that I could care for a woman at all and then watch her fuck some other guy, or share with him. Fuck that.

Now from the outside looking in: I don't really care at all. If people want to marry thousands of women then I say do it big. As long as they are not related to you and are of legal age in your state . . . player, play on.
Well, this thread was more based on the point of view that there are many singles out there who wish they had someone in their life. I just thought, couldn't sharing work out? I guess not for you Wildcard, but other people? There's pansexuals. But if you really think about this: Why do people cheat on each other? Do they want variety in their relationship, or is their partner just not good enough for them?

If you throw away marriage, and other values and just learn to love, maybe it would be okay, but in this structured society, it won't ever be a good idea. I may be wrong of course.
If you are an orthodox Mormon or Muslim, having multiple wives is OK.
If you are a Christian, it is not OK.
So pick your religion carefully.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I really don't have a religion, but I'm just trying to make some point. Multiple Partners > Multiple Wives.
in theory sharing would be a fine thing,the problem is jealousy ,very hard to overcome
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(03-19-2014, 10:00 PM)srijantje Wrote: in theory sharing would be a fine thing,the problem is jealousy ,very hard to overcome

You know why it's so hard to overcome? Because 2 guys can't let down their machismo long enough to see their woman get banged by someone elses dick. If the 2 guys had enough gay tendencies to love each other enough to relax about letting the girl go. Then it can work.
The only good reasons for marriage as a legal institution, is to provide protection for children and joint ownership of assets and pensions.

It is possible to meet those requirements through a contractual group marriage.
Such a group marriage would legally function similarly to the limited liability partnerships (LLP) that groups of lawyers and accountants are so fond of setting up for themselves.

Read more about it here: How To Legalize Polygamous Marriage
- Robert A. Heinlein
Thanks for that comment...I always wondered about that.. Can people setup like a working contract to work like a marriage, since a marriage is sort of a contract anyway. I say yes, but then you'll get these fanatics that'll say the whole thing is amoral. Mixing the moralities and legalities of it is like mixing church and state... That's where all the issues begin.
Establishing a fair and secular society is not easy.
Improving education will certainly help.
Burning the clergy at the stake might also help.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning an ex's current Boyfriend FerdinandtheFilth 0 336 02-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: FerdinandtheFilth
  Why do other people deserve relationships? Superchief 8 3,034 10-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Last Post: srijantje
  Long Distance Relationships EDixie1988 5 1,894 02-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: LZA