Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Pets: Are they people too?????
I think yes. I think animals are better than people sometimes. Pets become part of your family and you're sad when they die. I've always treated my pets like part off the family.

Not overly obsessive, mind you, I'll never be the old guy with 500 cats, or the one caught having sex with any animals (bestiality just doesn't do it for me). I'll never be like some of my former co-workers who talk to their animals like children (one even considered her two cats as her kids)...My animals will get more respect than that from me...

The reason I ask it we've got 2 additions to the family; two 6 week old kittens. They are the two most awesome cats you'll see... One time I accidentally forgot to feed them, and when my wife called & asked me, I immediately fed them. As soon as I opened the can of food, they started meowing & each climbing up my leg to get to the food. I guess they were hungry.

Well, this morning, I fed the cats & made myself some tuna fish with mayo & onions. I'm good for about 3 cans per sitting. One of the kittens, who was supposed to be eating her food, jumped up on my chair & wanted to see what I had. So I started to feed the cat off my fork, sharing bites (one for me, one for her). My wife came in and saw this and was horrified. She was screaming not to share food like that and how I was such a nasty fuck, and how she's never going to kiss me again...

Do you think what I did was that bad to get a screaming at???? Do you guys have pets? If so, how to you treat them? Oh, another thing she was annoyed about once before was they (all 3) were sleeping in my bed, and as there was no room for me, I slept on the couch...
pets are not people. I have had many pets over the years. I was raised on a horse farm. my parents bred and sold them. I HATE them. horses are stupid. I hate cats. They have attitude problems.

I would never feed an animal with the same utensil that I was eating with. the screaming fit you described seemed to be a little much though. I don't even eat after or drink after my kids.

I currently have a dog (mutt) a hamster and a bearded Dragon.
Fistfull of xanax
While on the surface, having your cat eat bits of tuna off the same fork that you were using may seem terribly unhygienic to most,
it is worth pointing out that most people do not object to being licked on the hands, or even in the face, by their cats and dogs.
In spite of the fact that these animals routinely clean their genitals using their tongue.
In reality, a healthy animal is unlikely to spread any more germs around than a healthy human does.

If you are very concerned about germs, don't worry so much about the contact you have with your cat or dog.
Worry instead about the surfaces you touched with your hands when going out to the stores or using public transit,
as these surfaces have been touched by thousands of other humans.
Avoid hand to face contact until you get home and have had the opportunity to wash your hands.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
When I had a dog and he licked the plate clean, I would put it back in the cupboard. Just tell her that and she won't feel so bad about you.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
Tell her that there are more germs on the money in her purse than you will get from your cats.
I absolutely Heart being around animals and I have ever since I was young enough to care for an animal.
No they are not people they are animals that contribute hugely to our well being. Their level of loyalty far surpasses that of we humans.
I currently have 3 minature horses, 3 dogs, and 2 kitties.
They all fill my day with much pleasure, happiness, contentment and laughter throughout the day and I wouldn't want to be without any of them.
As for sharing the same utensil as your cat, VF is right, it may seem terribly unhygienic to most. I worry more about the germs from the public than I do my from my pets.
My son in-law shares his ice-cream cones with his kitty and thinks nothing of it, they even share the same water glass (ralph) Sad.
As for the screaming you received, it did seem a little over kill, but at least you know where you stand with the animal sharing habit you've created and your wife.
Enjoy your kittens. You're in for some fun especially during the night Wink Tongue Smile.
You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
This thread made me remember that when my son was little, he would tongue-kiss the dog because it would get a reaction from everyone around him. He turned out perfectly healthy, with no cooties or anything.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
(07-17-2013, 01:11 PM)kath3 Wrote: As for sharing the same utensil as your cat, VF is right, it may seem terribly unhygienic to most. I worry more about the germs from the public than I do my from my pets.

I'm not skeeved out by that. I brushed my teeth after eating anyway... I used to have a 140 pound (64kg) Rottweiler named Baby when I was a teen/20ish living at home that gave me kisses. I would chew up my steak open my mouth & let her eat out of it...AHAHAHHA I miss that dog. One time that stupid fucker ate the turds out of the cat box...I don't know why she did that...I knew she did it once because her kisses smelled like cat shit...THAT freaked me out.
(07-17-2013, 04:45 PM)LaZyA553dde5tr0yer Wrote:
(07-17-2013, 01:11 PM)kath3 Wrote: As for sharing the same utensil as your cat, VF is right, it may seem terribly unhygienic to most. I worry more about the germs from the public than I do my from my pets.

I'm not skeeved out by that. I brushed my teeth after eating anyway... I used to have a 140 pound (64kg) Rottweiler named Baby when I was a teen/20ish living at home that gave me kisses. I would chew up my steak open my mouth & let her eat out of it...AHAHAHHA I miss that dog. One time that stupid fucker ate the turds out of the cat box...I don't know why she did that...I knew she did it once because her kisses smelled like cat shit...THAT freaked me out.

What does skeeved mean?
(07-17-2013, 04:57 PM)snilloc Wrote: What does skeeved mean?

You need to learn to search, snilly.
Remember that Google is your friend.

Here you go: --> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skeeved
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The people I've met today are inconsiderate filth. JacksonDonaldBegley 12 3,397 09-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: LZA
  People... why are we confusing? TyderBide 11 3,145 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Last Post: RantingDiabetic
Sad Stupidness Re: Pets Dynamite 6 2,031 06-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Last Post: jerkoff