Current time: 06-26-2017, 02:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Percussion
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Percussion
Okay. So I'm taking class percussion this semester. Tuesday we went over drum set parts, notation, styles, etc. It was such a great lesson, for one, bc Dr. Blackstock used the drum entrance to "When the Levee Breaks" as an example in his lecture (I think he was showing us the difference in the timing you can put on hits, such as Bonham does, by playing the eight notes on the susp. cymbal just a tad bit behind the beat)....
Anyway, here is where you become involved! Big Grin Our homework was for us to come to class tomorrow with a recording of -and I quote- "something you consider really hip in regards to drums". So, I want your ideas. Not saying that I'll take them, but I figured why should I stop at listening to my peers' opinions of what is a neat drum feature? Post some of your favorites. And.....GO!

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Percussion
sounds like a banging time. Smile

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
SK you really need to consider Styx as a source of really interesting drum solos and timing patterns. Also I'd say that Avenged Sevenfold do a fine job of mixing the 'lag' up . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
the groove between 6:39 and 7:02

=====================================

the groove between 5:35 and 6:20
04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm gonna take a listen to these suggestions. I really wanted to be different and be that kid who brings in a jazz or funk style. But that's just personal preference.

04-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Don't try to be anything . . . be Sara Kate. I know you know, but I'm just giving you a friendly reminder that you are awesome and that if you bring your favorite into the class it will be the best. You obviously have good taste because you seem to be fond of me Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
its always best to march to beat of a different drum...

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
(04-25-2012 09:43 PM)Mark Wrote:  Don't try to be anything . . . be Sara Kate. I know you know, but I'm just giving you a friendly reminder that you are awesome and that if you bring your favorite into the class it will be the best. You obviously have good taste because you seem to be fond of me Big Grin

haha aww, that's the Mark I know and love. Even when offering a compliment to someone else, you didn't forget to include yourself. Wink

04-25-2012, 11:06 PM
rotf...

04-26-2012, 03:31 AM

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)