• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

People... why are we confusing?
    Why is it that every time someone has every said "can you help me" and i do it all works out, yet the second i go to them for any kind of advice, they just shoot me down and don't want to help at all?? I just feel like people are confusing and ungrateful and need to wake up before they loose their life lines. Any thoughts?

Relationships are ropes. Love is a noose.
    Most people are out for themselves. I was a teacher at my last job, but BEFORE I actually got that title, I was in a team of equals. They would always ask for help, and I'd love helping them. Thinking that they have researched everything and were stumped, I loved the feeling that they trusted me enough to come to me.

I've give them my advice and some (not all) would just use me as an answer machine. When they were questioned as to why they did what they did they'd say "oh, that's what Chris told me to do" Because they didn't care to know the real answer, they just wanted me to do their work.

I never really asked anybody for help because I liked finding answers on my own. But when I did ask for advice, I'd have to seek out the people serious about what they were doing not just anyone. Sounds like you just picked anyone for advice.

Next Time seek out more knowledgeable people for your help, and only ask when you have drained out all your sources. As a teacher, I've taught my students to look for the answers first, and it's ok to ask for help if you can't find it yourself. Also, it's OK to say you don't know, but you do need to know where to get the answer.

I guess that's my advice to you. Check all your sources first, then ask people you know are knowledgeable, not that will through under the bus or tell you anything to get you away from them...

Hope this helps. Chris
    the only time you should be seeking advice is if it burns when you pee, have a large foreign object sticking out of you, or johnny law says that you have the right to remain silent.

for all other occasions, seize day.

and spell check... you can use that too.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    MAN, If I can live that way, I'd have no stress or other issues... I don't have enough money to live that free...
    (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 08:20 PM by LZA.)
    You just gotta be smart enough I guess and if you're not or don't think you are then... I don't know actually... go kill someone. Try to kill me I guess, or the president... or someone who'd be fun to murder.
    In my experience people are inherently motivated by selfish urges. Don't help anyone and expect reciprocation from them, instead help them if it makes YOU feel good. Then everything will be fine and life will go on as intended – empty and without meaning.
    That's neoliberalism talking. I guess you're all from the USA. God bless America!
    (06-07-2015, 06:42 PM)RantingDiabetic Wrote:  You just gotta be smart enough I guess and if you're not or don't think you are then... I don't know actually... go kill someone. Try to kill me I guess, or the president... or someone who'd be fun to murder.

Not that I'm not smart...Just EXTREMELY lazy...I guess the fact that I know this yet don't do anything to correct makes me stupid in a way... Who knows...

(06-08-2015, 09:23 AM)chad3006 Wrote:  In my experience people are inherently motivated by selfish urges.

Exactly what I was trying to relay to RD... I'm not motivated...
    (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 05:39 PM by LZA.)
    I hate almost every living thing on the planet so pretty much here's my advice. Stop and think what its really all about, so somebody comes to you and says hey I really need to talk to you I'm having this problem and I don't know what to do, alright stop right there, unless your a pretty smart mother fucker why the fuck would someone come to you for advice I don't know why but it makes me wonder what the fuck is up. Validation can only come from the valid, everything else is just bullshit.
    Eh, I like to get a lot of others thoughts and pool them into my brain... Something that makes sense to me will come out. I need feedback since I'm not the smartest person on earth... I wonder if the op was thinking the same thing??

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by geezer
    08-08-2018, 05:39 PM
    Last Post by LZA
    09-12-2015, 01:12 PM
    Last Post by LZA
    02-16-2015, 11:45 AM