• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paris
    I just wanted to see what the opinions are of the members of RCF. Obviously, France, Lebanon and all the other terror attacks are horrrible, but what is your opinion on how to stop these terror attacks? Should we stop bombing syria? Does Islam promote violence, or does it promote it as much as other religeons (because let's face it, all religions promote some violence, it's just become unacceptable in recent times.) Is it just the leaders of organised religeon, like other leaders, that rally these people together? Why do these groups keep emerging? What should Europe do about the refugee crisis?

I just want to hear some opinions really.
    (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 11:33 AM by ColeMacGrath.)

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    I'm curious too!

I occasionally feel that I don't really follow world events as closely as normal people do...so I feel that my opinion of things is way too naive to be voiced...

The mad Wolf rages on.
    [Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
    I'm not an expert like someone more knowledgable and better read on the subjects on daily worldy events than someone like ... @sporkium or@Spud17 They always bring interesting points of view to a topic... I like to half ass read articles, and my opinions are sometimes formulated on lazy or incomplete research and I end up sticking my foot in my mouth, or starting an opinion that I would not even agree to if I had read the whole story...

HAVING SAID THAT... Here is some of my opinion on it....

The flip (opposite) side would be all the good this new pope is doing to just bring people to a understanding of love, tolerance, and at least consideration for another person... He was doing a good job at bringing peace and at least not starting any violence... This pope is careful not to trudge on others feelings. I'm not for any organized religion, I'm not Catholic, but this pope is a good man.

Unlike these ISIS jokers... These motherfuckers should be rounded up, slashed with rusty, dull knives and soaked in salt water, BEFORE being put to a slow death!!!!!

I don't think we'll ever stop terrorists like this because they live in the shadows and pull their bitch ass sneak attacks. That makes them hard to locate... BUT it can be done.... But it would take the rest of the world standing together and going for the same goal into getting rid of these fuckers. And I feel bad for some of these terrorists, since I know their actions may have not been their true beliefs, had they not been brainwashed by the idiots teaching them (or, the teachers are brainwashed too). BUt I don't let them use that as an excuse... I was brainwashed into being a Catholic, then a Protestant, before I learned and formed my own opinion...

Yes, religion sucks.. As A protastant, I couldn;t believe that my boss (who has a heart of pure gold, and has helped me succeed when I was working ) was not going to heaven because she was a muslim... And Muslims treat their women like shit... Muslim is the religion of the cro-magnon man... Way out of date...

This won't be the last attack I fear, by far... But I guess they know the main culprits and have made some arrests...
    you create chaos,this is what you get back[from afghanistan,libya,syria,irak etc.]

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (11-18-2015, 06:36 AM)srijantje Wrote:  you create chaos,this is what you get back[from afghanistan,libya,syria,irak etc.]

typical... don't blame the angry little men... blame circumstance.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    no wonder they get angry when you bomb the shit out of them

of small minds[
    (11-18-2015, 11:07 PM)srijantje Wrote:  no wonder they get angry when you bomb the shit out of them

of course... let's all feel sorry for them. their predisposition to violence is a result of their environment and not because the mother fucker's can't read.

so feel sorry for them. turn a blind eye when they shit in your yard. it's not their fault. nature made them that way.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    you're talking about your end of the world?

of small minds[
    I was watching a "panel discussion" in which a person named Tarek Fatah made a number of important points. I have no background on this subject, but found it enlightening.

You can see it here, while it is still online.
    Link

His closing remarks start around 36:14 in the video.

Tarek is also the author of 2 books, which seem to be well-researched, though I haven't read it. He seems to be an authority and critic on the subject (of Islam). I don't know if he is right or wrong, but the person on his left in the video who also seems well-informed, seemed to agree on many aspects.

I think the question 'Does Islam promote violence' is also somewhere in the video. If I remember right, Tarek's reply seems to be in the affirmative. Buddhism / Jainism are peaceful religions to my knowledge, but there have certainly been 'fierce' Buddhists. History of Sri Lanka apparently has some of it buried. Sometimes I just feel like letting history go. Any discussion, ends up like the pics in 'Asterix in Corsica', where the tribes fight among themselves.

Anyway I just wanted to bring to attention this video and the book 'Chasing a Mirage' by Tarek Fatah. (A PDF of it is available via libgen).

Oh! and I think there's some bashing of the past policies of the West, somewhere earlier in the video. He's one toughened critic.

See also: http://tarekfatah.com/chasing-a-mirage/
    (This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 01:01 PM by radiobox.)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    my conn.is so bad at the moment that I couldn't watch the video

as somebody commented the other day,when the k.k.k.burns another cross,does the whole of christianity have to denounce them every time?

of small minds[