Current time: 09-23-2017, 07:43 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP server set up
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
PHP server set up
I want to set up PHP so that I can preview my projects on my PC instead of having to upload them and test that way. I have read a little on the subject but I am still confused about what hardware I need. Do I have to set up another PC to parse the code or can I use the PC I have now. I use CodeLobster to edit and it has a preview window but it doesn't work.

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 05:41 PM
RE: PHP server set up
From what i've read about it no, you don't need another separate PC. You can set it up on your Windows OS have a read of this.

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the link kaiser. Smile

Wildcard is awesome.
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay it's kind of weird to post a solution for your own problem, but just in case anyone needs to know I found a simple solution. Wampserver 2.2 is a great program that installs a localhost sever with Apache, PHP and MySQL hosted on your Windows PC! Almost any version of PHP, MySQL and Apache are supported as add-ons/apps.

I've mentioned before how much I like to use and support open-source projects and that's one thing that makes this software so great. It's free and it's open-source! Smile

I'll have to say that overall I found the program to be difficult to install and set up properly. It took me a couple of days to finally install some test files into the host and see them display. There was a conflict with localhost at first. Then I couldn't get into phpMyAdmin, but once I got that sorted out it was smooth sailing.

Another bad thing I figured out in the process: Support is shit at wampserver's forum. Several other people reported the same problems and error messages I had received, but not one thread had been solved by staff. I found my answers on a PHP/SQL forum that I frequent. Not only that, but the answers that these other users received were inane and didn't even have a lot to do with the question.

Having said all that, wampserver 2.2 is working fine on my PC as we speak. I have uploaded a test copy of MyBB(this forum's software) and can now test themes without have to modify the site while it is live. This means no more moving logos and such. I can just get it right, test it in several browsers and then import it and we are in business. Smile

Wildcard is awesome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)