• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Overpopulation
    Do you become angry when you see a pregnant woman? How about a woman with a stroller? The way I see it, 7 billion is enough. We're running out of resources. Food, water, oil, lumber, space, air. I don't want to wear a mask like in China just to walk my dog around my neighborhood.

We need a global 2 child policy. And we need to kill all the 3rd and higher children, and the parents who had them. Is it evil? No. Kill a few million now, save billions in the future. And remember, these EXTRA children, these parasites, should never have existed to begin with. They are fortunate to have been leeches on the rest of us for this long.

Every time I see a traffic jam or a long line at the grocery store I become furious. I am wasting MY life, my limmited time here on earth, all because Tina and Jack wanted to have a 5th baby. Yes, everyone is entitled to 2 children, the replacement rate to sustain our population, but why the hell does everyone think they are entitled to as many goddamn babies as they want? There is a finite amount of resources. The more babies someone has, the more cars they will buy and now Tina and Jack's kids all drive cars so now YOU, reading this right now, will breathe in 5 more cars worth of pollution in your lungs. YOU are going to die sooner, and there's nothing you can do about it.

This is absolutely infuriating. I used to live in a forest. Now I live in a town. I used to wake up to birds. Now I am woken by heavy machines building ever more houses for more and more people to consume every possible beautiful part of the world until nothing is left.
    (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015, 11:36 PM by Velociraptor451.)
    I've had the time now to read through your post.

It is the feeling that goes through most non-married people and those who've seen quieter cities.
    The 90s was a good time of growth and then it seems to have spiralled out of control.
    Tina and Jack were created by Nature, the way they are. I really wouldn't blame them too much. Some things are beyond human control. You can preach all you want, but it is going to be 'que sera sera' (what will be will be). Call it fate or a 'process' running through its natural course. It is the way it is.

Once you start accepting it, you will no longer feel the frustration.

I think Earth is large enough to hold 7 billion people easily. Resources are plenty. It is just the population density in almost all cities that leads to such frustration. Last 2-3 decades has seen unprecedented changes of the sort we have probably not witnessed in human history. So this is probably a kind of a first for Earth itself. Here, I see Earth as a living breathing organism. Maybe most of us will be culled by the process of natural selection or some other means.

We also need to remember that just a generation or two before 4-8 kids per family was normal.

Your last para; I wonder if you mean a forest you lived in has now become a town, with trees etc giving way to houses. That is true of many places all over the world. It is sad, but true. Earth provided and builders and humans went for it. Some are wondering now how to pay out their EMIs and the others are wondering how to sell all the houses they have built hoping for demand.

Killing children is not even a thought for me.

I have not written anything that is not already known, but just thinking perhaps all this is just 'Nature'. We are the programs that run and exit.
    Birth and Death cycle so-to-say.

A question that often pops up in my mind is how many humans have lived on Earth, since beginning.

Anyway, I hope you find a better place to live in. Am sure if you look around you'll find some place at least until the machines start moving in. Wink

Peace.

Edit: From a guy I met today, humans go head over heels when they come into some extra money. Last 2-3 decades has had a good share of those types.
    (This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 12:31 PM by radiobox.)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by LZA
    03-26-2014, 01:34 AM