Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

One possible alternative to cursing?
"Rant Latin" or "Rat Latin"

I'm sure that you've heard of Pig Latin. Yes?

Well, there are many variants of Pig Latin. I know of one in particular. It doesn't have a name and I honestly can't recall where I first heard of it or who first used it.

I may well be the originator. But I can't take credit for it. I like to use it in place of cursing and I'd like to explain how it works to all of you and if you like it, maybe people can use it here in this forum as a way to help out with the urge to curse. I find that it's an excellent alternative to cursing. It allows me to get those aggressive feelings out without actually cursing. But, let me explain how it works and then, if you like it, maybe we can give it a name and then use it from time to time in this forum as an alternative to cursing.

I know that we do not have any restrictions against cursing here in this forum. But sometimes, it's good to have an alternative to cursing and I'd just like to suggest this one method as one possibility.

Maybe we can have a poll or a contest and someone can give it a name. Perhaps "Rant Latin" or "Rat Latin" or something like that?

Anyway, I just like the way it makes words sound. And it seems to be fairly obvious that it is a variation of cursing but without actually using any curse words.

Here is how it works:

You start with a regular English word or something that appears to be an English word and then you take the first letter or string of consonants in that word and follow it with the double vowel "ee".

As an example, let's translate "dump truck". After placing the double "e" after the first letter, you then place a "z" after that and then the rest of the word. It's a lot more complicated to explain it than it is to actually do it. So, getting back to "dump truck". In "Rat Latin", it becomes "Deezump Truck" or "Deezump Treezuck". As you can see, it's not always the first letter before the "ee". As an alternative, you can take a run of consonants (like the "tr" in "truck"). After a while, it just gets to feel right to stop after a run of consonants - as in "truck" -> "treezuck".

It's just another way to provide emphasis to a word without explicitly using a curse word. So, instead of saying "that fucking truck", you can say "that treezuck" or "that feezucking truck" and it provides some emphasis without any cursing. I don't know why, but I've just found that when I'm angry or ranting about something, this sort of "language" just kind of pops out of my mouth (or out of my keyboard) instead of curse words - or it appears together with curse words.

Anyway, if anyone here likes it and wants to use it, and no one else can find someone who claims to be the originator, I would be happy to renounce all claims to the "ownership" (but of course, there can't be any claims to the ownership anyway) and, if it makes sense, we can officially claim it as being "owned" by this board. We need to find a name for it first. Maybe we can have some kind of poll? or maybe a contest to try and find a good name for it? Then people can use it here on this forum when they feel like cursing but you don't want to actually curse or when they go to another board where they can get banned for cursing and use this kind of language and the moderators there will just sit up and wonder, "what was that?"

The whole thing may seem kind of steezupid. But I like it!
its cute... but sometimes nothing says 'fuck off' like a heart-felt 'good-bye.' Big Grin
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
As I mentioned in the other thread, this is a common urban slang called 'Double Dutch'. It is far from original.
Wildcard is awesome.
double dutch sounds like a cheap date.

um, i do kinda like the concept of a unified way of cursing which is how i perceive this thread subject. sometimes, translating curses from one language to another diminishes the effect as it usually makes little or no sense. a unified swearing language would easily correct this.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
What do you suggest?
Wildcard is awesome.
english Big Grin
Genius!
Wildcard is awesome.
I must figure out how to economize my words.

Most people just seem to know how to make their points in one or two words where I use one or two thousand.

I must now go an meditate on that old saying about a picture and a thousand words.

Tabernac de ceezoliesse!
I personally enjoy reading your rambles. Glad you choose to do your rambling here Smile
Wildcard is awesome.
I am sad that swear words are so reviled, and will champion them until I die. They are, for the most part, remnants of much happier times when big blokes with swords would go around chopping up other big blokes with swords, when a longer and more complicated word simply wouldn't do.

When a tv program bleeps out a swear word, who do they really think they're kidding? Is that collection of phonemes really so offensive? Censorship is much more offensive to me than a sound. And at the end of the day, when you really want to say fuck, what the fuck can you replace a fuck with and still get your fucking point across?
No fucking censorship. Ever.