Current time: 06-23-2017, 05:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Old Love
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Old Love
I am sitting here directly after work listening to Clapton croon about the power past lovers can have over you. A cold beer on the table beside my recliner makes me take a break from typing- it tastes great as it washes through me, but can't seem to break this spell that is ahold of me tonight. More than missing some girl, this is about me more than it is anyone else.

Women have hurt me -individuals- but sometimes the skies are cloudy and threatening not because you are missing a particular fish in the proverbial seas, but more because it is hard to justify to yourself why you are still alone.

But its not cool to whine. Unless of course you are emo in which case it is not even close.

My point when I began this diatribe was that "that ole feelin'" that we call the blues is a big part of what makes me Mark. It nags at my pant leg when I walk through the mall and rolls me over in the bed at night to make me stare at the ceiling. It is very probably the most influential emotion.

Sometimes Old Love gets to me . . . does it ever get to you?

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
RE: Old Love
Old love is bittersweet to me. At times it feels unsettling and other times it makes for a good break from reality. Most times for me it causes that "what might have been" wondering and questioning. Not bc i have regrets but bc maybe a few times in life i should have zigged instead of zagged you know. Old love is also a sweet memory lane at times. Lately, at night, or when Im playing piano, old love visits me. sometimes it motivates me to be brave. whatever the case i welcome the feeling. and even if you're not single or alone, old love always visits. or maybe its just me. :-)

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
start...to....get..mushy...mushy
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
old love.....the word says it all

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-25-2012, 03:04 AM
My first love or "Old Love" found me through the internet.

Caused a load of trouble as she thought she now realised she made a mistake and want to talk 42 years after the event!!!!

Old love is just that old, move on ….
04-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I have very achingly fond memories of someone I dream about on occasion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2012, 12:10 AM
ok,to be honest ,i have very fond memories of several old loves,also some not so nice

of small minds[
04-28-2012, 07:14 AM
(04-24-2012 09:07 PM)Mark Wrote:  I am sitting here directly after work listening to Clapton croon about the power past lovers can have over you. A cold beer on the table beside my recliner makes me take a break from typing- it tastes great as it washes through me, but can't seem to break this spell that is ahold of me tonight. More than missing some girl, this is about me more than it is anyone else.

Women have hurt me -individuals- but sometimes the skies are cloudy and threatening not because you are missing a particular fish in the proverbial seas, but more because it is hard to justify to yourself why you are still alone.

But its not cool to whine. Unless of course you are emo in which case it is not even close.

My point when I began this diatribe was that "that ole feelin'" that we call the blues is a big part of what makes me Mark. It nags at my pant leg when I walk through the mall and rolls me over in the bed at night to make me stare at the ceiling. It is very probably the most influential emotion.

Sometimes Old Love gets to me . . . does it ever get to you?

(04-27-2012 06:26 PM)System Folder Wrote:  Seeing as how it was a woman driving the car, I would've started the answer by telling her to fill the tank with gas. If that didn't solve the problem, take the car to a mechanic so he can do the suggestions in the original answer. [Image: 005.png]

I call them "war wounds" Mark. My "Old Love" or first love, call it what you will, is mother to my children (except 1). I see her almost everyday and at times, the emotional pain that i associate with her can literally bring me to my knees.
I get bouts of euphoric recall at times, as i'm sure most people do with their 1st love. Then reality kicks in and i acknowledge to myself the sheer magnatude of the damage she has done and continues to do.
I also lay in bed alone at night sometimes and think of what could have been. And then realise what a lucky escape i've had.
As snilly said, old love is just that, and needs to be left there.

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2012, 12:16 AM
This subject is hard for me tonight as i was faced by an old love this afternoon. At first i caught a glimpse of a time that looked inviting. but then i realized it could never make me happy. you can't live off of what might have beens. i walked away knowing that some love is old bc it was in the past and needs to stay that way.

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
10-31-2012, 12:30 AM
if i feel melancholic i think of old love

of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My worst experience with love Hedeyasu 2 1,104 05-16-2014 10:18 PM
Last Post: ya boy ed

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)