Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Nostalgia
Remember back in the days when touch screen was of the Science Fiction domain? Remember when there weren't any Twilight books? Well, good for you. Now crawl out of your rock and step into the present time.

You know, I hate people who are so damn attached to the past that they completely ignore anything new. Oh, what's that? GTA V is out? Fuck that shit, I got Super Mario Bros and Sonic the hedgehog right here!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong against nostalgia itself. Of course you might pick up that Atari 2600 controller and play some Frogger or watch some Transformers, but remember that you still live in the year 2013, not 1980.

It's sad to know that some people are still stuck in their own childhoods, and they will keep on reliving those old times for the rest of their lives.
HNNNNNNNNNNG
I like nostalgia...Love it actually, but I think I understand your point on not getting too hooked up in the past, since life is a forward progression. It's always cool to see where we came from to where were are now (especially as far as technology goes). But ya, a friend of mine keeps saying "remember the good ole' days" hoping it would go back to them. that's not realistic. I love old things though, especially vintage cars and the like, but everything in it's place.
I would use a telegraph and stagecoach and hunt for food with a stick, if it meant I could live in a world without Twilight and Justin Bieber and the Kardashians and annoying halfwits texting each other constantly while drinking triple halfcaf decaf double frappuccino cappuccinos.

Just because something is new, doesn't necessarily make it better.

Seriously though...Twilight? lol
that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
(10-21-2013, 05:11 PM)SkinnyP Wrote: I would use a telegraph and stagecoach and hunt for food with a stick, if it meant I could live in a world without Twilight and Justin Bieber and the Kardashians and annoying halfwits texting each other constantly while drinking triple halfcaf decaf double frappuccino cappuccinos.

Just because something is new, doesn't necessarily make it better.

Seriously though...Twilight? lol

I never said I LIKED Twilight. Angry
HNNNNNNNNNNG
Just wait until you're old enough for the stuff you like to become obsolete. I hope you live long enough for it to come back as retro.

By the way, if it weren't for the early stuff, you wouldn't even have your new stuff.

I think Twilight will become one of those classic books that students are required to read for English class.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
(10-22-2013, 06:11 AM)System Folder Wrote: Just wait...

I think Twilight will become one of those classic books that students are required to read for English class.

So in this imaginary future world - both "books" and "reading" are coming back?! wowza. What a brave new world you envision. You should write syfy.
I guess I am guilty of nostalgia. I still play Wolfenstein 3D and Caesar III :p

I realize those old games and old ways are kinda dumb looking these days but I actually prefer them sometimes because it feels so comfortable. At least there was some replay value to those games! I'll never forget paying $49.99 for Black Ops and feelin sick at my stomach when I beat the entire game in 3 hours Angry
(10-22-2013, 06:11 AM)System Folder Wrote: I think Twilight will become one of those classic books that students are required to read for English class.
I am already shitting bricks from knowing that my future children will have to read that piece of shit, make a summary of it, work on an author's bibliography and possibly watch the movie out of curiosity. If you need me I will be on the street dressed up as a hobo and waving a ''THE END IS NEAR'' sign.
HNNNNNNNNNNG
You can stuff the new-fangled stuff the only way too peel a potato is with a knife.
(10-22-2013, 06:11 AM)System Folder Wrote: ........I think Twilight will become one of those classic books that students are required to read for English class.

You ARE KIDDIN'?? XDWTF
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay