Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Network Whoring Q?
Hi all.

Just a quick question on network whoring.
Once i've established a connection to the network, but i'm not officially on their network.
How can i remain hidden (and i use that term loosely), within their network.
I've been able to stop their automated WIFI from switching off at midnight tonight as i've wormed their network.
I know when my donors come to work on Monday they'll (if their eyes are open) they'll find their connection was open all weekend.
Can i remain hidden or mask myself within their network Dodgy

A little bit of home-work for you all Tongue

Regards as always
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
no. they will see you listed on their connection list.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(05-11-2012, 07:49 PM)stormium Wrote: no. they will see you listed on their connection list.

Cheers stormium.
I'm assuming they'll see my IP address (irony) but do you think they'll locate my MAC address?
yes... unless you hard block it with another device... say a wireless card for example.... but it would be technical.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(05-11-2012, 08:20 PM)stormium Wrote: yes... unless you hard block it with another device... say a wireless card for example.... but it would be technical.

I love technical!!! Smile

I don't expect you to go through the in's and out's of it but any educational links you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards and respect as always.
okay... lets talk smac

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

check out the faq
oh... necrobump time...

i recently did this and it works... rename your computer to, "president of some company" or "vice president of resource management."

it guys don't like messing with their boss's tech.

work's way better if you know their name...

"walter smuck's computer"

walter smucks = ceo of smuck industries.
While it is not possible to hide the connectivity of a machine on an Ethernet LAN segment, it is possible to hide its location, especially if it connects via WiFi.
But the MAC address of the Ethernet transceiver in the machine will be logged by the network's DHCP server.
If you assigned a static IP address within the network's address range to your PC, you can circumvent the DHCP server.
After the initial connection, do a netscan on the LAN segment to see what IP addresses are in use, then pick a free one that is either at the top or the bottom of the segment.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein