Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

My parents... Sorry, have to get this off my chest
Sad 
I texted my mother slightly disrespectivley on my way home, and my dad blew up, and, calling me a dog, made me sit on the floor and threatened to slap me. God I can't wait for collegeBeg
Wink 
(11-01-2014, 06:18 PM)Captain|Obvious Wrote: I texted my mother slightly disrespectivley on my way home, and my dad blew up, and, calling me a dog, made me sit on the floor and threatened to slap me. God I can't wait for collegeBeg

You have my sympathy because I've been there. But college was the best thing that ever happened to me up until that point in my life.

Smile

If you don't mind some advice, I'd suggest you find yourself a good room mate when you get there. I suppose it depends on whether you are planning to move out of your house. If you are going to a college in a different city than your house, that would make that decision fairly easy. Wouldn't it?

I was lucky and found a great room mate. He complemented me in that he was outgoing and made new friends easily and so we soon were plugged into a few groups of friends and we both had a wonderful time that first year.

But, by keeping it together and passing all our courses, we got to live off campus the following year. That year was even better than the first.

I hope you have a great year. Just remember how important it is to keep your grades up. I knew a few kids who for one reason or another, went too far and couldn't come back for their second year. That was really sad.

It's important to have a good year and a lot of fun. But it's also important to keep your grades up so that you can come back the following year

Best of luck to you.
P.S. If you have any difficulty with finding a room mate, I've heard that a good technique is to go to the housing co-op or wherever people go to sign up for room mates. Then just wait around until you see someone you think might be a good choice for you and go up and introduce yourself and tell them what went wrong with your first try.

But you should avoid trying to find an opposite-sex room mate (unless you may be gay). I once tried to room mate with a very nice girl that I knew from High School. It was a complete disaster. Mostly because she was the opposite sex and I was 22 and I was thinking with my penis.

Some of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my whole life happened after I let my penis make an important decision. I don't recommend that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Siblings and Parents Xemera 0 233 08-15-2017, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Xemera
Tongue Just ranting to get things off my chest! BowDownToPotato 2 1,221 10-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Last Post: xxxxx
  HIGH Expectations? Parents Agentchow 8 4,584 03-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Last Post: LZA