Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

My Own Truth
I think of all that has happened in these years. Older people tell me that i am still young, yet how could so much have happened this fast. I give no discount to the wisdom of my elders. They have seen more than I have. I listen to their stories and learn from the opinions that have become their truths. The biggest difference is the difference of my own truth. The truth that has dug its burrow into my mind and made a home where dreams should still grow and wait to be born.

The truth is a hard thing for most people to act upon. Its easier to live another person's dreams and hide your own. To keep a dream a dream. Mainly because truth is more than just words, or the answer to a question that someone asks you. The truth is in the life that we live. No fairy tales or epic adventures. The truth is not epic. Its an adventure with no heroes or villians. The truth is not a struggle. Hiding it can be.

The journey that leads us there can be lonely at times, but to find the truth I guess its the best way. Face it alone and find out your character is what I believe. Humans can be forceful to a fault. We are very sociable creatures you know. Forcing the truth does about as good as an ant playing poker with an aardvark. No, the truth will suffocate in a house fire rather than run into the fresh air. It's best to find it alone because it is lonely too.

Being alone does not mean having no one around. It just means thinking about yourself for a little while, while no one else is looking of course.

The truth is both sly and cunning. It can hide right in front of your face. Even if it screamed and socked you a good one, it still might go unnoticed. Long ago we decided that it was more important to protect people's feelings (and sometimes our own asses) than to be truthful. I guess the truth didn't take it so well.

Yours and mine are the same but different in their details. Like snowflakes.
Fistfull of xanax
(01-06-2012, 09:32 PM)LannisterHater Wrote: I think of all that has happened in these years. Older people tell me that i am still young, yet how could so much have happened this fast. I give no discount to the wisdom of my elders. They have seen more than I have. I listen to their stories and learn from the opinions that have become their truths. The biggest difference is the difference of my own truth. The truth that has dug its burrow into my mind and made a home where dreams should still grow and wait to be born.

The truth is a hard thing for most people to act upon. Its easier to live another person's dreams and hide your own. To keep a dream a dream. Mainly because truth is more than just words, or the answer to a question that someone asks you. The truth is in the life that we live. No fairy tales or epic adventures. The truth is not epic. Its an adventure with no heroes or villians. The truth is not a struggle. Hiding it can be.

The journey that leads us there can be lonely at times, but to find the truth I guess its the best way. Face it alone and find out your character is what I believe. Humans can be forceful to a fault. We are very sociable creatures you know. Forcing the truth does about as good as an ant playing poker with an aardvark. No, the truth will suffocate in a house fire rather than run into the fresh air. It's best to find it alone because it is lonely too.

Being alone does not mean having no one around. It just means thinking about yourself for a little while, while no one else is looking of course.

The truth is both sly and cunning. It can hide right in front of your face. Even if it screamed and socked you a good one, it still might go unnoticed. Long ago we decided that it was more important to protect people's feelings (and sometimes our own asses) than to be truthful. I guess the truth didn't take it so well.

Yours and mine are the same but different in their details. Like snowflakes.

That's beautiful and i want to comment but..... You've said it all.
You didn't write the above to stimulate others (IMO).
If that's your truth, which i think it is, BREATHE!!

BEAUTIFUL WORDS!! Smile
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Thanks Kaiser.
Fistfull of xanax
Nicely done LH. I envy the skill it takes to write something like this.
Wildcard is awesome.
Thanks dude. Sorry this thread ain't really gonna go anywhere. I just thought I'd share. I reread it after I wrote it and couldn't criticize it.
Fistfull of xanax
Who cares . . . we can always just make another thread . . . :p
Wildcard is awesome.
my truth is a happy truth Smile
old books teach patience