• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Music: the definative punk rock thread.
    ska punk styled... sort of... Big Grin

nofx - jamaica's alright if you like homophobes (starts about 19 seconds in... forgot to edit it)
    Download

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (05-13-2012, 08:59 AM)zeberzee Wrote:  stormium posted this quote in the bluegrass music thread....i didnt want to disturb that thread with this question to him... so i chose this thread from the pit Smile

(05-13-2012, 08:26 AM)stormium Wrote:  with punk... there are like 78 different kinds...

WHAT!!! lmfao .... lol name them all

challenge accepted. Big Grin

first post will be updated periodically.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    first segment -

pre punk
    punk
    post punk
    nu-wave
    hardcore
    punk rock
    california-core
    new york-core
    dc-core
    canada-core
    southern-punk
    punk-a-billy
    psycho-billy
    skin-punk
    nazi-punk
    horror-punk
    oi!
    skate punk
    street punk
    thrash punk
    ska punk
    ska core
    grunge
    grunge-rock
    garage-punk
    irish-punk
    celtic-punk
    metal-core
    brew-core
    islamic punk (tawacore)
    christian punk
    power punk
    pop punk
    punk'd
    riot grl
    cowboy punk
    hillbilly punk
    rap-core
    folk punk
    dub punk
    urban punk
    getto punk
    gutter punk
    goth punk

poli punk
    anarcho punk
    sugar punk
    techno punk
    rage-core
    second wave
    third wave
    hardcore revival
    power violence
    crust punk
    grind core
    power core

T.S.O.L - CODE BLUE
    Download

Dead Kennedys - 'Government Flu' live

(04-08-2012, 12:20 PM)stormium Wrote:  still, everyone feel free to post punk (except - please refrain from posting the sex pistols... who were about as punk as bach).

Why weren't The Sex Pistols punk? (I don't know much about music.)

(08-15-2012, 05:34 AM)heslopian Wrote:  
    (04-08-2012, 12:20 PM)stormium Wrote:  still, everyone feel free to post punk (except - please refrain from posting the sex pistols... who were about as punk as bach).

Why weren't The Sex Pistols punk? (I don't know much about music.)

the sex pistols sucked... from their concept to their music and even their attitudes towards everything... they were nothing more than a sham band put together to sell tight jeans and embark on massive level of publicity to support their venture capitalist agenda.

however, now that you mention it... i'll edit the first post to allow the sex pistols since no matter how much it burns my anus and lower intestine, i must admit that they do have a place in the thread... not as an example... rather a horrible warning.

Johnny Rotten hawks butter these days. Nice to know he isn't a sell-out, seeing as he apparantly had nothing to sellBig Grin
    as a last ditch group effort, they did sell their catalog a few years ago... bleh... anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
      Music Guitar Thread
    Last Post by rudegitman
    05-08-2017, 05:15 PM
    Last Post by srijantje
    03-26-2016, 12:23 AM