Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music Best Album of All Time - All Genres

Oh, you started with the GOAT, huh?

Hmm...what shall I post?

I'd say Highwaymen, the debut album of the super group featuring Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson is close to, if not, the greatest country album of all time. If only for the title track and Desperados Waiting for a Train.

This is an '80s style album, true, but as far as mainstream country, this was huge.

1. "Highwayman"
2. "The Last Cowboy Song"
3. "Jim, I Wore a Tie Today"
4. "Big River"
5. "Committed to Parkview"
6. "Desperados Waiting for a Train"
7. "Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos)"
8. "Welfare Line"
9. "Against the Wind"
10. "The Twentieth Century Is Almost Over"
Ashamed to admit I've never heard of it, I will seek it in vinyl quality.

edit: Had to settle for a cd rip. Wow this is great. "The Last Cowboy Song" reminds me of "The Last Great Punk Rock Song" by Say Anything. There is definitely an overlap between country and emo/punk. Like country music is farm emo. The songs tell stories, everyone is depressed, etc.
This is tough...So many.

One thing that came to mind, for me, was classic rock. I'm pretty sure for me Led Zepplin's Physical Graffiti is the best. I remember being able to pop the cassettes in my walkman and would never fast forward. Great stuff. This video is for Custard Pie, but the playlist on the side is the whole album I believe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies The Single Best Movie Of All Time (Nominations) Mark 21 11,142 11-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  Music Foo Fighters Fall Album Announced Wildcard 7 5,264 05-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Wildcard
  Movies Single Best Movie Of All Time (Voting Thread) Mark 49 15,640 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: laracroft214