• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Movies: Films You've Watched Recently
    AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I feel the EXACT SAME WAY about the Young Gun movies... When they came out I considered them in my top 10 favorites... Now they are lame and I watch them for nostalgia. When it comes to westerns like that... nothing beats Tombstone.

Another movie I feel is the same way...Awesome in the beginning whe n it came out but stupid now, is a movie I revisited last week:

WWW.IMDB.COM
    No Retreat, No Surrender (1986)
    Directed by Corey Yuen. With Kurt McKinney, Jean-Claude Van Damme,...

PISS POOR acting and plot... Van Damme was scary as fuck as Ivan Krachensky... At the time I loved it.

I wonder what other things I lobe now that later I'll think is cheesy too?
    (This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 01:54 PM by LZA.)
    (11-18-2018, 01:53 PM)LZA Wrote:  When it comes to westerns like that... nothing beats Tombstone.

Without a doubt.

(11-18-2018, 01:53 PM)LZA Wrote:  I wonder what other things I lobe now that later I'll think is cheesy too?

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom
    Menace (1999)

When I was a teenager, the Star Wars prequels came out. I had been a huge fan of the original movies, but when I saw a little of The Phantom Menace at a friends house, I was extremely disappointed. It seemed very Disney to me; like it was made for children. So, on that one glimpse of something that seemed to profane the sanctity of the original pictures, I decided, fuck the new movies. Last night, twenty years later, I gave in and watched the first movie...

It was pretty damn cool.

Finding out where Vader came from; seeing Obiwan's path; and getting more of Yoda onscreen was awesome. Yea, a lot of it felt hokey, but that's acceptable when you take the rest of the movie into context. The race scenes are well done, with the exception that some of Jake Lloyd's (Anakin's) banter is very forced. I'm not worried too much about that either, because he is a child actor and doing an otherwise superb performance.

Even though I wound up liking it, I am still glad I waited to watch it. Its nice to save good things for later. Smile

6/10
    [Image: FeV3Rk4.jpg]
    I watched Sully (2016) last night. It was an interesting movie.

I enjoyed the way they jumped around a bit using Sully's remembrances of the accident and how I began to feel like I'd been there after awhile.

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Sully (2016)
    Directed by Clint Eastwood. With Tom Hanks, Aaron Eckhart, Laura...

I'll give it 7/10

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by politux
    11-12-2018, 11:03 PM
      Movies Short Films.
    Last Post by contrail
    11-09-2018, 01:46 AM
    Last Post by Spud17
    03-26-2016, 08:48 AM