Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Movie Tut
Can someone post a Tut (video) on how to "crop" subtitled movies or how to remove "hard coded" subs if possible Smile

I know it's abig ask but Hey!!, If you don't ask, you'll never know!!.

Big Grin Cool
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
(12-10-2011, 06:29 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: Can someone post a Tut (video) on how to "crop" subtitled movies or how to remove "hard coded" subs if possible Smile

I know it's abig ask but Hey!!, If you don't ask, you'll never know!!.

Big Grin Cool

i see you've ignored my posts on the similar thread you've posted at sb Hysterical

on a serious note:

i need to know what are you cropping. avi files? or other type of files?
will you be dropping them directly in virtualdubmod or using an avisynth script?
(12-10-2011, 07:12 PM)bob5695 Wrote: on a serious note:

will you be dropping them directly in virtualdubmod or using an avisynth script?

You lost me at "virtualdubmod" Smile

That's why i'm looking for a Tut (Retard/ Noob safe). I haven't a clue when it comes to this but i want to learn Smile
(12-10-2011, 07:15 PM)2010kaiser Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 07:12 PM)bob5695 Wrote: on a serious note:

You lost me at "virtualdubmod" Smile

That's why i'm looking for a Tut (Retard/ Noob safe). I haven't a clue when it comes to this but i want to learn Smile

i still need to know what kind of video files you're wanting to crop. are they avi?
disable "hide known file extensions" in folder options.

edit: or open the file with mediainfolite
(12-10-2011, 07:28 PM)bob5695 Wrote: disable "hide known file extensions" in folder options.

edit: or open the file with mediainfolite

I've copy/printed what you've said so far bob. PLEASE share the knowledge and stick some sort of Tut together.

Share The Wealth!!!
tutorial won't be accurate if i don't know exactly what you're trying to do Huh
tell me what kind of files you're trying to crop, pretty please.
For talk sake lets say AVI. (The only way to date that i can tell the file type iswhen i use ConvertXtoDVD and it gives me a preview of the file).
(12-10-2011, 07:39 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: For talk sake lets say AVI. (The only way to date that i can tell the file type iswhen i use ConvertXtoDVD and it gives me a preview of the file).

you can right-click any individual file and click "properties"... that'll work too...

ok, avi file...

without using avisynth:
drag and drop file into virtualdub's window.
click "video>filters>add", select "null transform", click "ok", click "cropping".
drag the trackbar to a point where subtitles are visible.
place the mouse arrow at the bottom border of the frame, hold left-click and push it up until the subtitles disappear.
round the value in the box so that the total height of the frame is a multiple of 8- or 16-.
click "ok". click "ok" again.
file is ready to save.
i need to know if you want the new (cropped) file to meet a certain quality or a certain size before i can continue the tut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  barbara stanwyck movie hushu36 3 1,324 10-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Last Post: land_stander
  Can you help me find the movie "Assassination Tango"?? AliShibaz 3 4,419 03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  Movie Compression Software 2010kaiser 6 2,377 12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Last Post: RobertX