Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Movie Recommendation Engine Sites
I sent this posting to one of you as a PM. Please excuse me if it seems to you that I am spamming the members of this forum by sending it to all of you. The truth is that I only sent this to one of you but then thought it may be of general interest because most of us seem to enjoy movies.

I recently found a site called "Top Ten Movie Recommendation Engines". It claims that it knows the ten best movie recommendation sites on the web.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10200031-2.html

I'm guessing you have likely seen most of these ten but I'd like to ask you about their top site. It's called "Jinni". I've never heard of it or seen it. But, here is what this site says about Jinni:

Jinni is the best movie recommendation engine on the Web. Period. Whether you want to search for films in the search field or you want to find films based on your mood, time available, setting, or reviews, the site has it all. I searched for movies based on my mood and followed that with a search based on my plot preference. Each time, films that I've watched and loved in the past, or that I haven't watched but definitely want to see popped up.

But perhaps the most compelling feature that Jinni offers is its semantic search. You can input terms like, "movies that have gangsters" or "films that show Chris Farley yelling" and the site will return films that match your query. It's mind-blowing.

Go use Jinni. You won't regret it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, I wanted to ask you if you have ever seen or used this site before. If you have not, I am hoping maybe it may benefit you to take a look at it.

If you have, I'm hoping you could share your experiences with the other members here and tell us if you agree that it is better than other movie recommendation engines.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A movie quiz in pics. radiobox 5 2,924 05-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Last Post: radiobox
  The Single Best Movie Of All Time (Nominations) Mark 21 9,994 11-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  movie quotes bob5695 23 8,537 10-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Last Post: srijantje