Current time: 04-24-2017, 10:15 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
08-24-2013, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 03:07 AM by velvetfog.)
RE: Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
I recommend that you take the test yourself, before trying to offer anyone advice about the results and the scoring.
As for the test being available over the Internet, that has no impact on the actual test and the results that you will get.
It simply saves you paying the more than $100 it will cost to take the same test at a Pearson testing center.
The Pearson test centers in England are found here: --> http://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/contactus/Pa...actus.aspx
Pearson's web page for the MMPI-2 test is here: --> http://psychcorp.pearsonassessments.com/...Pid=MMPI-2

Or take it for free here: --> http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm
Don't be fooled by the .ru Russian top level domain in the URL.
The test is actually being supplied from a server in the British Virgin Islands. --> http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/geisel.narod.ru

The MMPI test is a standard test that has already been taken by more than a million people.
The original MMPI test was developed in 1943, 70 years ago, and it was updated back in 1989. That is when the test was renamed to MMPI-2.
The test is considered to be the "gold standard" in the field of psychological testing.
The scoring of the test is quite complex, but since the advent of computers it has been fully automated.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2013, 03:10 AM
If you read back in the post's in this thread I have taken the test and thanked you for it.

We all have our own input and you may not agree with mine but nevertheless I believe in professionals doing a professionals job. Parson Vue as you have pointed out are an excellent company and I have employed them on scores of occasions in helping with appointing senior management teams. The test above is a part of the selection process and is used as a tool to help make decisions. It is not and was never intended to be used as the be all and end all.

Excluding the test there are another three parts to the selection process including an in depth conversation where the interviewer gets to ask the relevant questions and probe deeper using MMPI as a tool.

MMPI is a tool.
Find all posts by this user
08-24-2013, 03:18 AM
Yes, Pearson Vue is indeed a good company.
I have done many tests with them myself.
Not the MMPI, mind you, but scores of information technology proficiency tests.

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-24-2013, 03:22 AM
Hey Snilloc,

Thanks for the advice. I agree 100% with you. And thanks for trying to take care of me but I know the "grounds" I was working with was not scientific. But the test is scientifically based...

I guess a way to put it in the perspective that I've taken it to is:
Me taking this test and reviewing it is like me borrowing the space shuttle to go down the street to get a big gulp. I'm just "going overboard" as far as the details, but I know that there are many other factors involved for me to get an "all round reading". I was just so impressed with this test because it told me much much more than I thought. It gave me options that I didn't know existed . so I'll explore those options in the mean time.

People may not believe it, but I'm not going for a attention whore when I do this. When I post about the test/my scores along with my opinion, my intent is to show how the test mirrored what was already known (or not known). and how it affected me. I wasn't really surprised when I saw the results.

My main focus for posting, and letting everyone in on LZA's head, is not really for me at all. The information I found about myself was so useful, I wonder if that if I had that information when I was I kid, I wouldn't have had to "learn things the hard way". And since I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety. my hope is that others who read this that are in the same boat as me, can get a bit of a head start, or at least know that there are people in this world as fucked up as they are...

Use the test as a tool to better yourself, for insight, like I am doing. If I knew of my strengths/faults, earlier, I'd probably be in a better spot than I am now. Knowledge is not a bad thing. That's all!

I'm not taking this for Gospel, (I don't take anything for Gospel) I'm still the same idiot before and after the test.. The difference is now I have more insight.
01-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Bump.

Just in case anyone else needs some insight into their personality.

- Robert A. Heinlein
05-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Another bump.

- Robert A. Heinlein
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
VF, would it be worth taking it again? I am back in therapy... Or is this a once and done? I'm not sure why others haven't utilized this... Or if they have, they never posted...You don't have to be a dumbass like me and post all the info. But you know me. I use full disclosure so as to get honest critical feedback that is also truthful.
05-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Take it again. It can't hurt.
When time has passed, and your experience and attitude have changed, the results are bound to be a bit different from last time.

- Robert A. Heinlein
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
That's what I'mhoping... When I've completely dried out from cough syrup & other mind altering drugs and I'm back on my game....I wish I knew of this test when I was a top performer at work, long before my breakdown...Would have been curious to see the results then...Ah well, can only move forward positively...
07-02-2014, 01:58 AM
The more you learn about yourself, the better able you will be to understand and cope with your moods and impulses.

- Robert A. Heinlein

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)