Current time: 05-23-2017, 12:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
08-20-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 04:35 PM by velvetfog.)
RE: Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
(08-20-2013 03:51 PM)System Folder Wrote:  Being under the influence of certain drugs and/or alcohol can alter your personality; so it is advisable to answer the questions on personality tests as if you were 100% sober.

No, "as if you were 100% sober" doesn't cut it when doing tests.
Do the test when you actually are sober, and not under the influence of any substance.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2013, 08:22 PM
That'll be tomorrow then. What a HELL of a day I had...my oh my..oy vey & everything else

I'll take the long version again; tomorrow when I dry out...This DXM...man...anyway...
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 08:30 PM by System Folder.)
(08-20-2013 04:31 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 03:51 PM)System Folder Wrote:  Being under the influence of certain drugs and/or alcohol can alter your personality; so it is advisable to answer the questions on personality tests as if you were 100% sober.

No, "as if you were 100% sober" doesn't cut it when doing tests.
Do the test when you actually are sober, and not under the influence of any substance.

I'm sorry. I must've written that in a way that wasn't clear. Since certain drugs and/or alcohol can alter your personality, events that may have occurred while under the influence of these substances don't count when answering the questions on personality tests.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
08-20-2013, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 08:43 PM by velvetfog.)
I see your point.

Yes, it is advisable to leave your out-of-body experiences while on acid trips, the voices you heard while stoned, and the pink elephants that you saw while you were shit-faced drunk, out of your test responses. Smile

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-20-2013, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 10:22 PM by LZA.)
(08-20-2013 08:40 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  I see your point.

Yes, it is advisable to leave your out-of-body experiences while on acid trips, the voices you heard while stoned, and the pink elephants that you saw while you were shit-faced drunk, out of your test responses. Smile

Ya see, I included all that drunken high tripping mess!
08-22-2013, 02:54 AM
(08-20-2013 10:21 PM)LZA Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 08:40 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  I see your point.

Ya see, I included all that drunken high tripping mess!

MMPI take 2

Sober , rested, and mentally clear.

@velvetfog : I’m including my thoughts for you to read since I think you find it as interesting as I do. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thoughts:

I'm glad I took the 1st one high, you get a much different perspective on the questions.

I answered true (as previously stated) to questions like "do you hear voices". 2nd time I answered false, knowing what the test was really trying to get from me.

People like me who are diagnosed with major depression/anxiety, should probably NOT take mind altering substances, not for just the obvious, but I've noticed the following differences, between high and sober:

1) A) High: I felt more like I was a victim, world was out to get me; answered questions like "people were out to get me as true" due to this.

B) sober: I know that some people are out to sabotage, but not enough to affect me personally. I am in control of my life and these people cannot affect me unless I allow them to. Consider myself a smarter person for recognizing these types of people and working around them. I am to blame for successes or failures.... when high, feeling was opposite

2) hearing voices, things not there:

A) High: answered yes, thought test "wanted me to be truthful under all circumstances".

B) Sober: answered False. KNOWING what the test was looking for, I knew when mind was obviously altered was not what they were looking for...They were looking for if these things occurs without assistance of any substances.

The numbers did change … The dramatic ones I’ve noted below. There were things added and removed due to them being in or out of range. The ones deleted but had a dramatic difference I’ve kept and noted.

Again, it still shows I’m fucked up, but not nearly as bad (like the schitzo thing is gone).. I intend to print this score out & bring to my physciatrist on my next visit because I want him to answer some questions.

Again, thanks to VF for the test. Since I no longer work in a corporate environment, I feel I have a lot to offer, and I am somewhat intelligent (although it’s difficult to learn some things), so working at this test/working on me will be a great benefit to me in the future.

HERE WE GO

T scores over 60 or under 40

VRIN: Variable response Inconsistency: 50
TRIN: True response Inconsistency: 57F
F: Infrequency: 64
Fb: Backslide F: 79
D: Depression: 72
Pa: Paranoia: 61
Mf: Masculinity – Femininity – Female: Undefined
*Pt: Psychathenia: 62
Sc: Schizophrenia: 60
Si: Social Introversion: 68
D1: Subjective depression: 71
D2: Psychomotor retardation: 81
D4 Mental dullness: 77
D5 Brooding: 79
Hy-S: Hysteria, Subtle: 34
Hy1: Denial of social anxiety: 40
Hy3: Lassitude- Malaise: 61
Hy5: Inhibition of Aggression: 40
Pd1: Familial Discord: 65
Pd3: Social Imperturbability: 40
Pd4: Social Alienation: 73
Pd5: Self Alienation: 72
Pa1: Persecutory Ideas: 64
Pa2: Poignancy: 69
Sc2: Emotional Alienation: 88
Sc4: Lack of ego mastery, Conative: 76
Sc5: Lack of ego mastery, Defective Inhibition: 40
Si1: Shyness/Self consciousness: 65
Si2: Social Avoidance: 62
Si3: Self Alienation: 67
ANX: Anxiety: 62
DEP: Depression: 80
BIZ: Bizarre mentation: 39 *(was 74 high)
ASP: Antisocial Practices: 72
LSE: low self esteem: 85 *(was 80 high)
SOD: Social Discomfort: 65
WRK: Work interference: 61
TRT: Negative treatment Indicators: 61
A: Anxiety: 63 *(was80)
Es : Ego strength: 58 *(was Undefined)
AAS Addiction acknowledgement: 60
Re: Social Responsibility: 37 *(was Undefined)
Mt: Collage maladjustment: 60
GM: Masculine Gender Role: 36
GF: Feminine Gender role: 41
PK: Post traumatic Stress disorder: 68
PS: Post traumatic Stress disorder: 64
D-O: Depression, Obvious: 74
Hy-s: Hysteria, subtle: 34
Pd: Psycopathic Deviate: 64
*Pd-O: Psychopathic Deviate, Obvious: 68
Pa-O: Paranoia, Obvious: 61
Dem: Demoralization: 66
Lpe: Low Positive emotions: 68
Asb: Antisocial behavior: 77
Per: Ideas of persecution: 71
*abx: Aberrant Experiences: 39 *(was 70 high)
INTR: Introversion / Low Positive Emotionality: 66
*DEP1: Lack of Drive: 89
DEP2: Dysphoria: 74
DEP4: Suicidal Ideation: 112
HEA2: Neurological Symptoms: 60
BIZ2: Schizotypal Characteristics: **41 within range (was 86 high)
ASP1: Antisocial Attitudes: 63
ASP2: Antisocial Behavior: 67
LSE1: Self Doubt: 80
LSE2: Submissiveness: 76
SOD1: Introversion: 68
TRT1: Low Motivation:
TRT2: Inability to disclose: ***37 (was 60 high)
08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
**TRT1: Low Motivation: 71
08-22-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 04:26 PM by velvetfog.)
The T Scores are normalized 0 to 100 scores on a bell curve distribution, where 50 is the center point of the curve,
and each 10 point difference in score represents one standard deviation.
Please note that 0 to 100 scoring on a bell curve distribution with a standard deviation of 10 is not the same as a percentage score!

[Image: bell-curve-400.gif]

[Image: bell-curve.bmp]

T Scores between 40 and 60 are within one standard deviation, and are considered to be within the normal range.
T Scores greater than 60 means that you are exceeding 84% of the population on that parameter.
T Scores greater than 70 means that you are exceeding 97% of the population on that parameter.
T Scores greater than 80 means that you are exceeding 99.9% of the population on that parameter.

A review of some key MMPI-2 scoring categories can be found here: --> http://www.beat-the-mmpi.com/mmpiscales.htm

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-24-2013, 01:30 AM
More Thoughts:
One thing I'm struggling with, is mental dullness. It shows I'm a 77 but all my life I was not really that smart (average) in school.

However, I've found with hard work, perseverance, That I can be more intelligent than what I was being categorized as in school. The more things I was introduced to the more I applied.

I guess it's not what you have but how you use it...

I, from a nerdy misfit and nothing really expected of me, turned around to work for a Forbes 100 company (at the time I was with my company), excel at my job so much, get promoted to be a temp supervisor position (I would be the weekend sup for my unit during the company's overtime).

All of this with a hanging fear that the depression would come and get me and everything would be ruined...(a fear that people would out me for the tard I really am)...that I'm not smart, that I got to where I was by working really hard ...

Fuck it. I'm going all in with this. "fake it till you make it baby".

So I'm with all the big wigs. They said a number one position on a yearly evaluation was never really attainable . Well when my last review came out, I was rated a number 1.

WON ONE stupid fucker did it ( I know, attention whore this whole post I know is whore'ing for attention...recheck my numbers, you'll see it's no surprise)

The big wigs know my name!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the child that was invisible can NOW BE SEEN)

Yes!

The unattainable has been obtained!!

(can you believe? I feel like I've been hiding behind a billboard while this is all going on!! All my hard work, my easy going personality, my ability to talk to different departments and translate for each.?? I was the MAN!! ya, the man, the one who everyday waits for the bottom to drop out....

I start abusing mainly DXM (but other painkillers too) to escape the pain of it all... (WOW, what a vacation). People are telling me they "are concerned about me".

"Are you OK, you're not yourself?"

"I'm fine" (all the while my body and mind are wizzing along with the depression, anxiety, and now DXM) I'm really not fine.

The bottom drops out when I realize I'm too much of a nuisance to everyone around me and my family... Ya I was top at my job, but nobody is replaceable. Me and my sup had a long conversation about me kind of flailing (I was going out for a week vacation) I said" when I get back, all will be as it was). I knew my sup was out to get me, she always was. she was in the same position for years prior, but here comes me lighting off the boards...She was envious; others agreed.(and I indicated that on the test) I never came back to work from that weeks vacation...

My legacy there will be what it will be (I hope its good), people there still care about me, I know as I get e-mails and stuff. but this god dammed depression I've carried all my life is fucking me over once again. No meds can stave it off...Electroshock therapy is the next step... nice....

I'm tying this back on topic because , If I knew who I really was back then, by taking this test and having it all spilled out in front of me, maybe I could have made better choices. How high up the ladder could I have gone? HOW MUCH MORE MONEY WOULD I HAVE??

Those of you on RC that are regulars, know the LZA story. I highly recommend this test as an insight into yourself. If anything you can make choices to be a better person.
That's all I guess...
08-24-2013, 02:06 AM
@LZA Interpreting anything of the internet is not always advisable, you seem to have taken to this test and want to share it with the world but it just might be a good idea if you want to know the results and have them properly analysed by a professional.

A professional from the company in question may look at your results and see something completely different to you.

What advice you may or may not get in a forum is not that scientific is it? We all know that you shouldn’t take anything for gospel on the internet it can be a dangerous place especially if you are susceptible and believe everything here, not suggesting that you do.

Good luck with it but do it properly for your own sake.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)