Current time: 03-22-2017, 09:20 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
08-19-2013, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 04:43 AM by velvetfog.)
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
Since I received a request for it, I have created this thread about the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test.

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) is one of the most frequently used personality tests in mental health. The most recent version the "MMPI-2RF was developed by Dr. Auke Tellegen, from the University of Minnesota, and Dr. Yossef Ben-Porath, from Kent State University. The test is used by trained professionals to assist in identifying personality structure and psychopathology. Among its many uses, it is perhaps best known as the personality test that is used in conjunction with Secret and Top Secret security clearances required for many positions within United States federal agencies that incur an extensive responsibility for life and property, such as the Department of Defense, Central Intelligence Agency, and the Federal Aviation Administration.

Read more about it here: --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_M..._Inventory

There are currently two version of the test available:
MMPI-2 (long version) which has 567 question
MMPI-2-RF (short version) which has 338 questions

There are no right or wrong answers to the test.
Whatever you do, do not lie when answering the questions!
You are being thoroughly tested on the honesty and consistency of your responses.
On scoring, if the VRIN (Variable Response Inconsistency) score is 6 or higher, then the entire test result is invalid.

You can take either the long or short version of the test here: --> http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm
The short version on the web site uses 370 questions, rather than just 338.
When you have completed all the questions, the web site will score it for you and display the result.
If you print it out afterwards, it will take around 19 printed pages for the full printout, with pages 1 - 13 for the questions, and pages 14 - 19 for the results.

The test scores are intended to be interpreted by mental health professionals.
Many of them will mean very little to you, since you will not have a normalized sample base to compare them to.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test
Well that wasted an hour of my life doing this questionnaire.
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Taking the MMPI is hardly a waste of time.
It will tell you more about yourself than any other test can.
I hope you saved your score.

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-19-2013, 05:33 AM
I didn't mean that negatively it now need reading through and understanding.

I have printed the questions and answers. Smile
08-19-2013, 08:56 AM
To help you understand the results, look at the T score column.
The T Scores are normalized numbers, where a score of 50 represents an average response.
Scores lower than 50 are thus below average, and scores above 50 are above average.
Make note of those scores that deviate substantially from 50.
Those are the areas where you are predominantly different from the average person.

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Well I'm not Einstein but I am about where I expected to be a very good test vf thanks for posting it here. Smile
08-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Here are some resources that may help in interpreting the MMPI-2 scores:

http://schatz.sju.edu/psycheval/personal...ation.html

http://psychology.about.com/od/psycholog...mmpi_2.htm

http://psychcentral.com/lib/minnesota-mu...pi/0005959

http://voices.yahoo.com/what-know-taking...tml?cat=72

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-19-2013, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 04:38 PM by LZA.)
I will take later on when I have time... I'll also post the score. I'll use the resources you provided, but I'm sure you'll help me interpret...

Hey fogger, is this like the MBTI ( Myers Briggs type Indicator)test? I bought it for my son to give him insight on his personality & strength, as part of helping him chose a major for college (something my parents never done for me)

They break the score down like (ex: INFP: Introverted, Intuition, Feeling, Perception) They have many combinations... I would have taken it too but it's $110 a pop...

I'll take it later to see. I was wondering your knowledge on the MBTI, and is so, what your thoughts are on it.
08-19-2013, 07:02 PM
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test is substantially different from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test.
The MMPI-2 test uses a large number of questions, from 338 to 567, and provide a large number of indicators in its scoring.
The MBTI test has around 70 questions, and simply places the test subject into one of 16 categories.
The MMPI test is considered the most reliable testing method for screening candidates for high security positions.
The MBTI test is heavily criticized for its poor repeatability. When the same test subject repeats the test again a few weeks later, their score is likely to be quite different.

BTW, there is no need for you to pay $110 to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test.
You can take it here for free: --> http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

- Robert A. Heinlein
08-19-2013, 07:10 PM
really? See If I would have known you back then... I already paid for it... They mailed out the scores, booklets, everything.. Job comparisons... I'll give this link to my son to take... He's interested in where his strengths are, but more importantly, beefing up his weaker issues... I tell him it doesn't tell you exactly what job to get , but how your score and apply to certain professions. Thanks man ( I mean it, Thanks)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)