• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MentionMe 2.0
    For those unfamiliar with Twitter and FaceBook, these social media sites have a feature that allows users 'mention' other members by placing an @ symbol in front of their names. The user that is mentioned is notified that they were mentioned as well.

Well, after a lot of work and some more help from some of the guys at MyBB, I have integrated a Twitter style mention system into the MyAlerts we already have been using.

When you type someone's name prefaced with @, their name becomes a link to their user profile, like so: @Mark

While you can 'mention' yourself like I have done above, no alert will be created.

This option (like all alerts) can be disabled here. It is enabled by default.

So mention someone when you want to bring them into a conversation, or when they don't come around every day so you want to be sure they will see the post or thread in question.

Feel free to mention anyone you like, but please remember that it is rude to overdo things. Smile

If you have any questions or find any problems feel free to post in this thread.

I hope you enjoy Smile

Wildcard is awesome.
    Mention ettiquette:

You can either preface your message with a mention:

@sporkium : yuno call me back?

Use the mention in-line:

Hi there @lightbulb how is it going?

Or end with the mention:

This song goes out to a special friend. @snilloc

song = Pit material :p
    The End

Wildcard is awesome.
    @Mark you are indeed a dumbass XD
    i keep quite

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (12-11-2012, 09:49 PM)srijantje Wrote:  i keep quite

too bad you couldn't keep quiet instead... Sad

this thread is for the notification of a new forum feature and subsequently, the mandatory dick sucking that goes with it. Wink

/mod

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    No, this thread is about admin failing.

I tested this on my localhost and also on another private forum I run. Neither of those forums use Google SEO plugin so long story short, the alerts won't work until I figure out how to do that Sad

Sorry.

Should work now Smile

Wildcard is awesome.
    Very cool feature @Mark oh and you have another forum??? WTF

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
    (12-11-2012, 11:59 PM)Bunny Wrote:  Very cool feature @Mark oh and you have another forum??? WTF

Yes it is a PHP programming forum for pirates, but I'm sure you would find it very boring Smile

although they get all the new shit first so I can try it out on them Tongue

Wildcard is awesome.
    ^ @Bunny

Wildcard is awesome.
    Cool. yeah that would bore me. Big Grin

making sure you weren't cheating on us. whew. glad to know your heart belongs wherever we are. Angel

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY